Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Worley are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our team based in Aberdeen on a permanent staff basis.
As financial accountant, you will initially take responsibility for transitioning accounting for a several newly acquired entities to Aberdeen, by June 2020. Transition will be phased, and will involve, among other things, taking control of day to day accounting for these entities including journal processing, responsibility for ensuring correct and timely reporting into group consolidation, and quality and timeliness of balance sheet reconciliation preparation.
As well as assuring financial outputs, you will also add value as part of the overall team by adapting, automating, and making more efficient all finance processes; and by living out company values on a day by day basis.
Responsibilities and Duties.
Reporting directly to the Senior Financial Analyst, you will have responsibility for the quality of work delivered by a small support team providing support to all UK entities. Key responsibilities are currently as follows but vary by entity and over time:
- Day to day accounting, including journal processing
- Calculation and processing of foreign exchanger revaluation
- Reconciliation of upload to group consolidation system, and processing of any relevant journals and supplemental data.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, or review of balance sheet reconciliations prepared by others
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Qualified accountant +3 years, or qualified by experience
- Good knowledge of technical accounting theory and practice
- Good analytical, investigative, and data reporting capabilities
- Proven experience in ensuring a strong controls environment
- Able to work on own initiative, problem solver, strong desire to succeed
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Excellent at building relationships and working with other teams
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of Oracle