Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
We are currently recruiting for a Trade Control Analyst to join Eni Trading & Shipping (ETS) in the Middle Office (Trade Control) unit based in London, UK. The candidate will be involved in day-to-day trade control activities focusing on the commodities Crude, Products, Derivatives Gas, Power, Emissions and LNG. The Trade Control team performs daily price and transaction validation and controls activities and will work very closely with the Front Office and other streams within Middle Office, as well as other parts of the ETS and ENI business.
The Key responsibilities are:
- Perform daily validation activities, making sure all physical crudes & products and oil derivatives transactions are duly and timely captured and validated accordingly to the company procedures;
- Perform daily validation activities of relevant price information (spot/forward), making sure all relevant market data information is duly and timely validated accordingly to the company procedures;
- Support the oil physical and financial end of day process in the relevant ETRM systems guaranteeing the timely generation of Position and PNL reporting;
- Perform checks on un-authorized trades and monitoring of mandates/limits (tenor/quantity/value etc.);
- Perform daily market conformity controls to monitor both physical and financial oil transactions;
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external regulation;
- Ensure all internal & external audit requests/issues are promptly addressed;
- Guarantee the necessary activity related to the month-end and quarter-end checks for physical and financial Oil;
- Support automation efforts by driving greater use of systems within the Oil Trade Control team, eliminating manual spread sheets and fully support the implementation of relevant controls directly into the trade capture systems;
- Work with ICT to drive necessary developments;
- Act as dedicated MO interface with confirmation/ contracts/ operations Department;
- Guarantee the appropriate level of support to Middle Office function for what concern New Products/Non Standard deal approval;
- Monitor procedural compliance for the new Financial Regulations (EMIR/Dodd Franck) on first level control execution (reporting, reconciliation)
- Build good working relationship with internal (FO, BO, Risk, IT, Finance, Sox, Audit, Compliance etc) and relevant external stakeholders (auditors, clearers, brokers etc);
- Act as a back-up to cover other trade control members across Trade Control team;
- Coordinate stream activities to execute ad hoc demands;
- Deal with ad hoc demands.
- Relevant experience within a Trade Control/Market Risk environment in an oil trading company;
- Advanced knowledge of risk metrics and internal control systems applicable for oil physical and financial transactions ;
- Knowledge of control processes applicable in a trading / regulated environment;
- Advance knowledge of Platt's Market on Close (MOC), BFOEs trading and pricing methodology, E-window, and any other trading platform;
- Knowledge of financial hedging on Oil & Products;
- Knowledge of vessel chartering, shipping or bulk commodity movement;
- Knowledge of one or more of IT systems would be an advantage (i.e. Endur).
- Strong and solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including excellent Excel and VBA skills, Matlab knowledge a plus;
- Strong academic credentials with a numeracy-oriented specialization, preferably Finance or quantitative discipline;
- Experience in the middle office/product control/back office/risk management of the trading environment would be beneficial;
- Understanding of the commodities markets, preferably physical crude & products markets;
- Controls oriented mind-set;
- Innovation, pro-activity and efficiency, dedication and result oriented approach to work;
- Structured and logical;
- Good communication skills, with the ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in rapidly changing environment, be self-disciplined and stress resilient;
- Good team worker and have an experience of working in an international and multi-location organization;
- Highly organised, good attention to detail and ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Dedicated and stress-resilient;
- Proactive and result oriented approach to work;
- Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally;
- Full command of English language (written and spoken). Knowledge of Italian would be beneficial
ETS Office, Buckingham Palace Road, SW1, London
Contract and Remuneration:
- Competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and skills sets.
Compensation and benefits
At Eni we reward our people by providing comprehensive remuneration packages, along with a number of desirable benefits which are benchmarked against the industry and local markets, covering areas such as health, insurance, transport, finance, education, leisure and food. We are committed to taking care of our people, supporting lifestyles and behaviours that nurture health and well-being. We offer competitive pension plans, incentive systems and health care cover, and provide an enhanced work-life balance through a wide range of initiatives and services.
Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations. Inspired by the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), our mission is clear: We are an energy company with the goal of preserving our planet and promoting sustainable access to energy for all. We aim to achieve this through our work, which is based on passion, innovation and the extraordinary strength of our people.
At the heart of this mission are the values that guide us every day. These are focused on climate action, the environment, affordable and clean energy, innovation and infrastructure, gender equality, human rights, responsible consumption and production. By following these principles, we aim to deliver precision, transparency and honesty in all areas of our work.
We also understand that together we are stronger. Building long-lasting partnerships and recognising diversity are key values for human development. Technological innovation also plays a huge part in our mission. It is fundamental to both achieving our goals and laying the foundations for our future.
"Build the future of energy"
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.