Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Manager for Network and Collaboration Operations IT, on a contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
The Senior Manager for Network and Collaboration Operations plays a critical role in leading all of the network and Collaboration team in providing a stable, user friendly and quality IT service:
- Globally responsible for all infrastructure related to network and collaboration, including network operations, O365, SharePoint, Messaging and Unified Communications (telephony, VC, conferencing etc) to all of the company.
- Leadership of the Global Network and Collaboration team (Team of 45 + internal personnel & 1 managed service contract)
- Budget management responsibilities of between $40 - $90M.
- Act as a coach for the team on technical, operational and organisational issues.
- Oversee all technology operations related to Network and Collaboration and drive the team forward to achieve the established goals and objectives.
• Ensures and guarantees continuity and delivery of IT operations and satisfaction of business partners
- Ensures the proper delivery of those services to each client
- Guarantees that all clients' demands, or escalations are taken into account and treated.
- Ensures the reporting on concerned perimeter
• Manages globally spread team
- Manages resources planning
- Guarantees people motivation and development
- Ensures performance management of team members
- Ensures proper communication is in place for team members
- Contributes to the definition of overall IT infrastructures, technologies and operations orientations
- Translates Group IT Infrastructure and Operations orientations framework into an annual action plan/roadmap.
- Ensures development objectives are set and achieved.
- Ensures cost control through effective management of business/operating processes
- Prepares technical answers (feasibility, budget, resources) to non-standard Managed Department business requests, allowing sound decision making by governance bodies
- Controls sub domain budget to meet established targets.
- Communicates information to the management/team: e.g., targets, goals and achievements.
- Proposes appropriate actions for improving the delivery of his/her team services from a quality and cost perspective.
- Manages the portfolio of Network and Collaboration projects in respect of timelines and budget, ensures appropriate communication
- Participates to strategic and tactical decision at group level.
Leadership of internal team of 45+ staff/contractors.
Provide a stable, secure network service, collaboration applications and functions across the global reach of company user community with the scope of:
- Global Network Team
- Global Unified Communications Team
- Global Messaging Team
- Global SharePoint Team
- Control Budget of $40 - $90M and report on expenditure.
Oversee development and implementation of IT strategy and transformations.
Implementation of global standards, processes and procedures to ensure efficiency, standardization and governance.
Deliver, measure, report and continually improve the services provided by the Network and Collaboration organisation.
- Strong leadership and management skill set.
- Track history of managing a technical team at a high level.
- Expertise on range of services management associated with strong managerial capacity.
- Ability to manage widely distributed team in a strong multicultural environment.
- Ability to create and propose new solutions.
- Strong willed and able to debate objectively and influence effectively.
- Experience of financial planning and management of budgets exceeding $10m.
- Ability to convince, organize, negotiate and take a proactive outlook.
- Ability to control costs and deliveries, focused on quality objectives.
- Knowledge of assess the risks (technical, applications, human).
- Fluent in English
- Strong personal efficiency and problem-solving skills; very concerned by security and standardisation/rationalisation aspects.
- Capability to manage situations of conflict and to generate consensus.