Skills: Materials Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Duri, Riau, Indonesia
Schlumberger Indonesia - Material Management Specialist
Employment type: Permanent hire
The Material Management Specialist is responsible for handling and moving materials and supplies (M&S) and inventory items within the area of responsibility, and for the functioning of the warehouse, ensuring goods are received, stored and issued in compliance with Schlumberger procedures. He / She is accountable for stock accuracy, physically and as recorded in the Warehouse Management System. In addition, he/she needs to provide support on planning and stock replenishment activities those are performed by the Material Control Tower (MCT) team.
- Ensure adherence to company standards and established procedures to maintain control over the physical product flow and storage at the warehouse and other inventory areas.
- Supervise or directly execute or supervise warehouse processes, including reception, issuance, counting and junking.
- Document and label goods per company standards and local requirements.
- Maintain timely input to the Warehouse Management System and ensure accurate stock transaction records.
- Implement local strategies to reduce excess and ageing stock; aim for reduction of stock on hand and slow-moving indicators for the assigned Product Lines.
- Execute cycle count and periodical physical counts. Create and post adjustments and root causes and reporting as per global procedure.
- Review exception reports to maintain data integrity in the Warehouse Management System, including discrepancies between systems, unit price, aged open, failed and pending for approval, unmatched transactions, and inactive parts.
- Execute and follow up internal field material transfers until final closure, ensuring quality controls are carried out and are compliant with the Product Line quality standards.
- Aim for continuous improvement and regularly use LEAN tools to improve warehouse efficiency and reduce waste. Implement advanced techniques to improve local materials management efficiency.
- Conduct self-assessments and audits as dictated by the Schlumberger global processes
- Be accountable for purchase order closure until reception in the Warehouse Management system. Monitor open purchase orders and invoiced not received reports.
- Identify intercompany redistribution opportunities and translate these into actual transfers, ensuring quality controls are carried out and are compliant with company procedures.
- Perform periodical reviews of exception reports to maintain data integrity in the Warehouse Management System, including discrepancies between systems, unit price, aged open, failed and pending for approval and unmatched transactions, and inactive parts.
- Evaluate feasibility for vendor-managed model implementation and manage the process in cooperation with the Procurement and Sourcing organization.
- Maintain relevant configuration parameters specific to assigned warehouse in the Warehouse Management System.
- Qualification and Behavior:
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, Material Management, Business Administration major
- Minimum 2 - 3 years' experience in relevant roles
- High level of collaboration with others
- Good communication skill, both oral and written in English and Bahasa
- Must have strong ethics in dealings with sensitive information
- Ability to demonstrate principled leadership with sound business ethics and consistency with principles, values, and behavior
If you are looking for an exciting career in a dynamic international company, rewarding career opportunities and an attractive compensation package, we encourage you to apply. Only successful applicants that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.