Skills: Business Development, Commercial Management, Sales
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £60k to £80k
Location: United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Business Development Manager - Remote Working - Renewable Energy Sector
Our client is a leading international service company specialising in offshore and subsea construction globally. They are now looking for a Business Development Manager to extend their reach in to the renewables sector with a focus on the development of opportunities for them to provide services to the offshore wind sector. This is an excellent opportunity to join a new function within an esteemed organization and contribute to their exciting growth plans.
Working remotely with occasional trips to Aberdeen the ideal candidate will be an experienced business development manager with a strong network within the leading offshore wind developers (SSE, Scottish Power, EDF etc).
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for identifying, technically promoting, and winning Offshore Wind, select Oil & Gas and adjacent market opportunities for applicable business service lines principally within the Construction Support and Operations & Maintenance environments.
- Identify opportunities to exploit across the wider Offshore Wind lifecycle, select Oil & Gas and adjacent markets and work with key stakeholders to implement win strategies
- Identify collaborative opportunities to offer complimentary services to target customers
- Attend and manage related forums (seminars, exhibitions etc) and campaigns to support business winning efforts
- Leading a team of business development executives
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a business development manager function (or equivalent) within the renewables sector - exposure to developing offshore wind opportunities beneficial
- Experience networking with the leading developers of renewable energy (EDF, SSE, Scottish Power etc)
- An understanding in Offshore Wind subsea project execution - particularly foundations and TPs, cable installation / burial, and wider integrity related activities
- Extensive experience of directly / indirectly managing / supporting Offshore Wind engineering, consenting, and construction with a Developer / Operator and/or Tier 1 Contractor
- Broad, diverse network across Developer / Operators, OEMs EPIC contractors, Governmental / Regulatory stakeholders, Academia, and wider supply chain
- Happy to work remotely from home with occasional visits to our clients Aberdeen office.
- Base salary of up to £80,000
- Life cover
- Group Income protection
- Private Medical
- Pension Plan
- Holidays (28 days plus 4 public)
- 10% Bonus