Baker Hughes has an opening for a Chemical Service Technician to assist in the implementation and monitoring of specialty process chemical applications within an industrial setting.Training and procedures will be provided for all tasks to be performed.The position will require performing work mostly outdoors in plant setting with some time in laboratory settings to support Baker Hughes current and potential new chemical programs.The candidate will be responsible for safely and efficiently executing their work in the industrial process setting working closely with customer operations personnel and the Baker Hughes site team. This is an on-call position that will require work on weekends and holidays.Essential Responsibilities:
- Monitoring of chemical injection systems / applications within the industrial process systems.
- Chemical inventory management of all Baker Hughes chemicals in the plant
- Bulk truck transfers to tanks
- Tote to tank transfers
- Chemical treatments of refined products in tanks and barges
- Chemical injection system maintenance and audits
- Laboratory & Field analysis for monitoring chemical program effectiveness and performance
- High School Diploma 5 years' experience or Associates degree with 3 years' experience or Bachelors with 2 years' experience.
- Commitment to safety and customer service quality
- Work in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrates strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Working at elevated heights & climbing barrel ladders
- Chemical handling experience
- Experience collecting and analyzing of samples
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Self-motivated to work independently to solve mechanical problems and tasks assigned
- Strong communication and personal skills in dealing with plant and Baker Hughes personnel
- Basic math & computer skills are required
- Be able to obtain / pass Baker Hughes provided or plant required safety training
- OSHA, TWIC, Site Specific training
- Drug & Alcohol Testing (DISA / AWSI, etc.)
- Experience handling hazardous materials
- Forklift Experience
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Experience working with pumps, generators, compressors, hoses, and fittings
- College degree preferred but not required
Corpus Christi, TX
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.