Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.Role Summary:
The Lead Engineer - Mechanical Component demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for an area or business segment. This position owns mechanical requisition projects / product development scope for surface and subsea components such as Annulars, RAMS, Diverters, Risers, Connectors, Telescopic Joints, Stacks and Control Systems, following the applicable design and development processes to meet customer requirements and expectations.Essential Responsibilities:
- Execute with limited guidance the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Provide technical leadership to Mechanical Product Engineering team and coordinate with Analysis, Material and other engineering groups supporting the assigned project.
- Candidate is responsible overseeing design and support of products supporting the Drilling business with activities including developing new designs, supporting manufacturing operations, resolving fleet issues and supporting testing operations.
- Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements.
- Participate and present in technical and project reviews.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Application Engineering to ensure accuracy of Product Engineering estimates to confirm customer requirements are understood, properly communicated and documented before the handover to Product Engineering.
- Responsibility will be in the development, testing, evaluation, and support of mechanical, structural, and hydraulic equipment. Candidate will work with designers to develop engineering models and drawings, create parts and assembly specifications, document design efforts according to the Design Planning Process (DPP) / ISO standards.
- Products are generally designed in accordance with API/ASME/NACE/BSEE standards.
- Assist Sourcing with supply questions/issues to meeting delivery timeline through proper documentation process.
- Support Manufacturing during the assembly and testing of equipment.Update engineering documentation/specification as required.
- Conduct testing per API standards, and create written reports detailing results.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering).
- At least 5 additional years of experience in Engineering position.
- Product knowledge of subsea connectors and marine drilling risers or BOP's
- Experience with hydraulic components and hydraulic control systems
- Understanding of piping design including hydraulic schematics, pipe sizing and flow analysis
- Familiar with structural design including material strengths, material/shape selection and bolted joints.
- Experience with welded joint design and AWS D1.1.Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing ANSI Y14.5M (GD&T)
- Experience performing Finite Element Analysis, preferably ANSYS
- Proficient using MS Office applications, MathCad, AutoCAD, and ProEKnowledgeable of applicable codes and standards (API 6A, API 16A/C/D, AWS, etc.)
- Understands general material types, coating types, manufacturing techniques, and NDE
- Ability to work in a team environment on short or long term projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.