Our Client is looking for a Principal Instrument Engineer, on a contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
- Ensuring that standards, specifications and guidelines pertaining to the Instrumentation and Control discipline conform to the requirements of relevant industry legislation, standards, and guidance
- Effective prioritisation of ops support/own projects and tasks to ensure delivery on time and within budget
- Provide specialist support and advice to other departments within the organisation including, Operations, HES, Decommissioning, IT, F&A, Commercial, and Drilling.
- The candidate shall have had previous experience executing control and instrumentation project work in the oil and gas industry.
- General control of project work including look-ahead planning, controlling budgets and schedules, change control, estimating activities, document management system set-up and weekly progress reporting
- Reviewing client and international standards and ensuring project compliance
- Developing project functional requirements specifications for control systems, SIS, F&G and instrumentation
- Carry out feasibility studies and reviewing design alternatives
- Develop instrument databases
- Participate in design reviews including HAZOP SIL/LOPA, hazardous area, constructability, etc.
- Perform calculations for intrinsic safety, SIL verification, flow metering sizing, valve sizing, thermowells, etc.
- Manage the preparation of design deliverables
- Develop the control and instrumentation content of piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs)
- Liaise with and manage interfaces with other engineering disciplines; process, electrical, mechanical, piping and civils and architectural
- Interface with clients' engineering representatives
- Prepare subcontract requisitions for E&I installation and testing.
- Oil and Gas industry experience
- Degree in an Engineering discipline although relevant experience or related qualification will also be considered
- Detailed knowledge and experience with design and operation of Oil and Gas installations, including DCS, ESD, F&G, and process instrumentation for use in hazardous area environments
- Experience in provision of engineering support to offshore operations
- Experience in planning and delivery of technical projects
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.