Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an IT Infrastructure Analyst, on a 6-12 month contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
To support our infrastructure environment, focusing on server and storage.
- Prioritise and manage operational support issues along with project work.
- Plan and deploy infrastructure projects to a defined schedule.
- Communicate effectively with end users to minimise impact during changes.
- Work with a variety of business and technical contacts on initiatives/projects.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system tools.
- Ensure up to date documentation on infrastructure supported systems.
- Manage assigned tickets, troubleshoot and resolve identified issues.
- Work to SLA thresholds for incidents, requests and problems.
- Utilise monitoring software to proactively respond to issues before clients are impacted.
- Automate tasks and processes using tools and scripting to improve efficiency.
- Comply with IT controls including change management procedures.
- Out of hours availability occasionally required for changes and outages.
- Windows server management
- SAN and storage array management
- VMware vSphere infrastructure
- Active Directory, O365 and On Prem Microsoft services (inc. Skype for Business)
- Experience working in an oil and gas industry is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively in a small team
- Highly motivated, ability to work with a team in stressful situations
Working knowledge with the following:
- VMware HorizonView
- Linux server management
- General routing and switching
- PowerShell scripting
- F5 experience
- Database - SQL & Oracle
- Splunk, SolarWinds, monitoring tools
- Bachelor's degree in IT related fields or equivalent experience
- Experience with the identified key skills.