Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
* Under broad direction, the Project Manager is responsible for shorter scope projects, including but not limited, rig operations (onshore and offshore, and both drilling and workover), coiled tubing units, rigless operations, hybrid lump sum projects, etc.
* This position can be responsible for all phases (EOI/RFI, tendering, bid evaluation, award, mobilization, acceptance, spud and ongoing operations) and aspects of a Project including contracts, working with the drilling contractor, working with the rig, project planning & execution, P&L performance, personnel development, project scheduling, budgeting, cost application, execution, and end-of-project evaluation.
* Accountable for the success of a Project as well as ensuring compliance and alignment with Contract Requirements and full implementation of both Risk Management processes and both Company and HPM policies, procedures, and HMS / PDP both at Project start-up and over the Project's life.
* Responsible for Global adherence to HMS / PDP 12. Rigs Management Process and contract compliance to Schedule K.
* Accountable for the technical integrity and high service quality control and continuous communication with Well Engineers/Superintendents, Rig Contractors and Operator representatives confirming all parties are aligned with Project Metrics.
* Interfaces with both the drilling contractor and client to ensure engineering, technical and operational aspects of the Project are satisfied through coordination of all HPM resources, Product Service Line's and Third Party services for Project execution.
* Forecasts and plans activity long term and medium term to ensure that all elements are in place for successful operations.
* Maintains a current understanding of all regulations and issues affecting a Project.
* Accountable for the training & development of all project personnel and their competency development.
* Confirms all personnel involved have the required certifications and competencies.
* Requires commitment to quality from all employees, PSL's, and all subcontractors working on a Project.
* Review Well Construction programs and Budgets with Project D&C Superintendents and the Operator.
* Recommends changes for improvements and reports all matters which affect HPM Policies & Procedures to PM Region Manager.
* Responsible for technical knowledge and ability to provide proper project guidance towards rig selection.
*Requires a Bachelor of Engineering degree, preference in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering, (or suitable STEM degree) and 10+ years Drilling and Completions Project experience with some level of P&L and contracts management exposure. Supervisory experience is essential with demonstrated ability to manage a team.
*Ability to understand Project requirements (especially with regard to the optimal rig and drilling contractor), read and assess contracts (e.g. rig equipment list, rig compliance and acceptance criteria) to determine best-fit rig designs & types and drilling contractor selection for performance.
*Must have a Well Control Certificate or the ability to obtain WCC within 6 months of start date.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 84163
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Consulting & Project Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.