Baker Hughes is on a journey to transform its Product Configuration Management processes and digital technologies across all its' product groups, to enable it to speed up response to customer requests, drive standardized product offerings, reduce costs, reduce delivery lead times and increase quality.
This Software/Solution Architect will lead the technical design, configuration & development of Rulestream/Teamcenter based Digital Configuration Management (DCM) applications.Essential Responsibilities:
The Software/Solution Architect will
- Perform current state analysis- processes, people and tools
- Analyze Clarity PPM requirements, conduct process workshops and Sprint Demos
- Conduct functional product orientation for Client's designated subject matter experts. The focus of this orientation will be targeted to the functionality planned for Stage 2.
- Define future state processes
- Develop implementation plan and roadmap
- Provide inputs to PM/Scrum Master on delivery
- Understand training needs and create training strategy
- Perform As-is analysis- Current PPM process/solution and other tools
- Verify setup of development environment (i.e., operating systems, database systems and applications as applicable).
- Perform configuration vs. customization analysis
- Identify performance requirements and load testing strategy
- Analyze reporting requirements
- Analyze required tool customization
- Lead/Participate in planning and retrospective sessions with teams to improve delivery
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
- Proven years of design/architecture, development & deployment experience on enterprise level (Clarity) production implementations.
- Must have done large end to end implementations (including Infrastructure design) of Rulestream and ideally Teamcenter Product Configurator / Variants & Options, and can bring best practices to the table.
- Hands on design/architecture & development experience of integrating with Enterprise Applications such as ERP (e.g., SAP, Oracle) & CRM (e.g., Big Machines, Cleopatra).
- Solid experience in New User Experience implementations
- Knowledge of latest information technologies related to Clarity, Java, Web, and Cloud environments
- Ability to quickly configure and conduct business demos and define requirements and data model.
- Experience of working in projects following an Agile/SCRUM implementation approach.
- Good English communication skills (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Proven abilities to communicate complex topics to leaders and peers in a simple, clear, plan oriented manner.
- Established analytical and problem resolution skills, and can deal with ambiguity
- Ability to lead teams and work in cross functional team environment. Demonstrated work in Matrix Organizations.
- Proactive responsible individual, with the ability to set own action plans
- Must possess strong proficiency in MS-Office tools.
- Be willing to travel globally
- Familiarity with CA Clarity PPM versions v12/v13/v14/v15
- Certification with CA PPM Proven Professional and/or Business Analysist preferred
- Understand Clarity database model and Write SQL statements for reporting needs and to create data feeds
- Develop Crystal reports and Integrate them with Clarity application
- Support and enhance custom reports
- Monitor support queue tickets. Resolve or assign tickets to Vendor team for further assistance.
- Provision (activation/deactivation) user accounts for access control
- Monitor and resolve jobs that create data feeds for other systems
- Stay current on product features/bug fixes based on vendor provided documentation
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.