Skills: Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Kuwait, Kuwait
Reservoir Simulation Engineer- Nexus
Duration: 12 months renewable
Location: Ahmadi, Kuwait
Leap29 are currently seeking a Reservoir Simulation Engineer who is experienced and confident in using Nexus software for a long-term residential position in Kuwait.
- Use Nexus software for Reservoir Simulation on both complex and simple reservoirs at unprecedented speed,
- Build reservoir simulation models to characterise Tight Oil reservoirs,
- Be able to identify and evaluate the uncertainties that would help the recovery of the reserves and well productivity and be able to propose action plans to address and mitigate these,
- Use reservoir simulation models to optimize the value of the field development plans, forecast reservoir performance, and estimate reserves based on different recovery schemes.
- Integrate subsurface - surface models,
- Knowledge of hydrocarbon fluid characterization using an equation-of-state model,
- Work closely with G&G team to ensure good consistency in static reservoir model building,
- Work with Petroleum and Operations Engineers to generate, monitor, and ensure execution of short-term and long-term data gathering plans for their field,
- Utilize petroleum engineering software pertaining to well test analysis, material balance, production logging, nodal analysis,
- Actively participate in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, geoscientists, and petroleum engineers,
- Motivated mentor, and lead others.
- Engineering degree essential. Bachelors or master's in petroleum engineering,
- Experience using Landmark VIP and Nexus reservoir simulator is a must,
- Experience within the Middle East preferred but not essential,
- 20+ years' experience as a Reservoir Engineer including time spent in reservoir simulation and model development black-oil essential,
- Experience with Tight oil carbonate reservoirs, dynamic reservoir modelling, history matching to forecasting,
- Good knowledge of reservoir surveillance/ data management,
- Good understanding of field development planning, reserves estimations and reporting.
- IOR/EOR experience.
If you feel your skills match the above requirements and you are fully conversed in using Nexus, please use the link below to apply.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!