Skills: Business Development, Energy / Commodity Trading
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Saudi Arabia
Req Number: 18341BR
Saudi Aramco is searching for a Global Oil Supply Specialist to join the Global Analysis Department (GAD) and work in the Global Outlook Group within the Strategy & Market Analysis (S&MA) Organization.
The core function of the SMA Organization is to advise the Company's management and guide other departments within the Company on energy markets and outlooks, economic evaluations, oil pricing, macroeconomic outlook, and international energy policies and regulations, as well as assisting in business planning and strategy formulation.
The Global Oil Supply Specialist's primary role will be to provide Corporate Management, as well as other organizations within the Company, with oil supply outlooks, current and forecast regional oil production and capacity developments, and forecasts of Saudi Aramco crude oil production. The specialist will also monitor current and future regulations to identify possible impacts on the Company's oil business, as well as be capable of running sophisticated models for forecasting. The supply specialist is required to understand the interplay of the many variables that affect supply and the call on Saudi Aramco.
Serve as advisor to S&MA, other Company organizations, and Executive and Corporate Management on global oil supply issues encompassing the following:
• Analyzing the supply side of the global and regional oil market, understanding the issues surrounding liquids' supply and their trade flows, as well as the implications for the Company's main markets and operations.
• Developing robust short, medium, and long-term liquids supply forecasts on a country-by-country basis, taking into consideration factors that are likely to impact supply such as fiscal, investment, political environments, and nature of assets and decline rates.
• Delivering detailed Country analysis encompassing the factors that affect the country's oil supply such as commercial developments, reserves growth, other discoveries yet-to-be-found, infrastructure issues, marketed crude streams, and crude quality outlook.
• Analyzing well, field, and basin reports to determine production statistics and results.
• Understanding and evaluating fiscal oil regimes, contractual structures, and upstream project economics and marginal barrel production and replacement costs.
• Developing and maintaining oil supply databases and models, including non-OPEC and OPEC countries.
• Providing analysis and interpretation of own and third-party oil supply forecasts in high-quality written reports using Word and PowerPoint.
• Identifying, analyzing, and reporting global industry trends and regional trends.
• Providing in-depth tracking of information, news flows, and consultancies' reports on macroeconomic, energy, and Company-related coverage.
• Developing, maintaining, and utilizing an extensive external network of contacts, including strategic advisors, investment banks, international and national oil and gas companies, think tanks, academics, and consultants.
• Responding to queries regarding specific supply-related topics.
• Representing S&MA and GAD in Saudi Aramco events to increase employee understanding of the oil industry.
• Representing S&MA and GAD by delivering high-level industry talks and seminars to visiting entities.
• Representing Saudi Aramco at industry conferences and seminars.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related specialty from a leading university.
• Master's Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Economics, Geology, or closely related specialty. MBA, Masters of Energy Economics, or PhD desirable.
• Knowledge of the energy industry, in particular the oil & gas upstream sector, gained from a minimum of 15 years' experience. The candidate must have a strong understanding of the technical/fundamental drivers in upstream oil and gas. Five or more years of relevant modeling and forecasting experience with a large oil consultancy and at least 10 years of industry experience. Experience with one of the leading industry consulting and forecasting firms (e.g., OPEC, the IEA, the EIA, Wood Mackenzie, IHS, PIRA, FACTS) is a plus.
• Experience with spreadsheets, statistical tools, modeling, and forecasting.
• Proven ability to interface and effectively communicate with industry and non-industry personnel at all levels within the organization and with outside experts.
• Strong written and oral communication skills to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds at all levels, both within the organization and externally.
• Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision and on relatively unstructured tasks.
• Intellectually curious and keeping abreast of topics that affect the evolving refining and petrochemical markets.
• Hands-on person who will immediately achieve the professional respect of others through possessing long-time practical experience of working in, or serving, the refining and petrochemical industry. Person who others, at all levels, will seek out for advice and counsel.
• Ability to look at a situation, both from a general perspective as well as to penetrate into issues in depth when required.
• Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams producing reports, studies, and presentations that are pivotal in shaping the management's decisions.
As an integrated, global petroleum enterprise with operations in Saudi Arabia, Europe, the United States and the Far East, Saudi Aramco is one of the cornerstones of the world's energy supply. Saudi Aramco has a proud legacy of accomplishment in the oil and gas industry. In recent years, the Company has been creating downstream joint and equity ventures, both in Saudi Arabia and in China, and is exploring additional opportunities in refining and petrochemicals. Projects such as these, combined with Saudi Aramco's stature - both as a corporation and as a corporate citizen - in the Kingdom and wherever the Company does business, make for a challenging and rewarding work environment for the personnel of the Finance business line.
Every day, our multinational team of more than 70,000 people combines passion, purpose, and performance to achieve a common objective: unlocking the full potential of the Kingdom’s resources to create more value for our company and more opportunities for people at home and around the globe.
Join us at Saudi Aramco.