Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Subsea Engineering, Welding
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.
The Welding Engineer provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role, you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Develop and Implement new automated welding processes with ability to recommend and specify equipment details
- Work with tubular fabrication & small diameter piping systems
- Implement new welding processes.
- Identify welding defects with solutions
- Optimize welding processes for applications
- Process Non-Conformance Reports
- Create repair operations for defective weldments
- Qualify and Develop new welding specifications
- Interface between Manufacturing and Engineering / Customers
- Provide Welding Engineering to the Product Engineers and Customers as required
- Review and identify Customer's welding requirements
- Develop the welding processes and procedures from stated requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Welding Engineering, Welding Technology or Materials Engineering
- Knowledge of ASME Sec. IX and AWS D1.1 codes
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Knowledge in the SAW, GTAW, SMAW, GMAW, FCAW processes
- Working knowledge of API and NACE codes
- Automation background and experience
- Hands-on Individual with detailed trouble shooting capabilities
- Ability to interpret customer's service requirements and develop the welding needs
- A self-motivated team player that is well organized
- Strong communication skills both written / verbal
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.