- The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges and makes oil & gas production safer for people and the environment by leveraging data and analytics.
- The Data Visualization Engineer works with the D&A product teams to create state-of-the-art solutions, working across Baker Hughes to drive business analytics with compelling visual analytics and data products.
- Understand requirements through discussions with business stakeholders and users across the globe, and translate them into data requirements.
- Use wireframing tools or visualization tools to easily prototype dashboards and data products with little direction.
- Work across teams to gain insights on best practices, and implement best practices on workbook design within Tableau.
- Learn new tools like alteryx, talend etc. to create efficient data sources for tableau dashboards.
- Creates unit test plans and smoke testing for refreshing data assets/dashboards
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM) with minimum 5 years of experience as data visualization developer.
- A minimum of 4 years of direct development on Tableau Good understanding of writing SQL and integrating / blending data from disparate data sources such as Sql and Excel Database/Data Warehouse, SQL (Oracle, Terradata, Greenplum, Hive etc.) experience is required Experience on new D&A application development and existing application optimization is required (data source identification, mapping, ingestion, modelling and transformation for analytical consumption purposes)
- Experience creating compelling and responsive tableau visualizations Aware of creative responsive design principles in web or tableau for different formats such as large screens, laptop, tablet, phone Translates analytics problems into data requirements.
- Can demonstrate and has implemented higher level development of tableau concepts such as level of detail, hiding vizzes, viz within a viz, actions and parameters can tune and reverse engineer other tableau visualizations
- Communicates effectively and can understand requirements while helping users to design outcomes can be creative and take feedback from customers and business partners or IT leaders Up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team.
- Asks follow-up questions when presented with new data/projects.
- Sees the broader implications of an idea.
- Deep passion for innovation and data technology.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.