Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Cost Performance & Governance Lead on a permanent basis, location in Aberdeen.
The Finance Cost Control team forms a critical link between the assets and is responsible for managing the control and reporting of cost across the company in a timely, accurate and consistent manner. It is essential that the team meet regularly with the Asset Cost control teams to review and manage costs to contribute to Asset value creation.
The Cost Performance & Governance Lead provides overall consolidation of costs ensuring that appropriate Management decisions are taken with full knowledge of budget and cost impact. The value to the Company of this position is in the development from purely cost reporting to cost performance management.
- Manage the Consolidation of the Summary of Expenditure and feeding results back to management
- Manage the timely preparation of accurate and reliable Budgets and Forecasts consolidation ensuring consistency throughout the process.
- Provide specialist budgeting and cost control advice
- Build capability to provide Cost Performance reporting to Directors and Department Managers
- Ensure consistency across all cost reporting - one source of the truth
- Manage the interface between Finance and the Digital Asset project to deliver reliable cost dashboards and analytics
- Initiate and continually seek performance improvements and cost efficiencies
- Deputy Cost Control cover for Cost Control Manager
- Degree holder and qualified accountant with post qualifying experience preferably in the oil industry in a business and commercial or finance environment
- Good understanding of the technical operations of operating assets within the oil and gas industry
- Excellent analytical skills and a sound knowledge of financial analysis techniques and economic measures
- Experience of budget preparation, cost control and planning within a large organisation
- Knowledge of Accounting and Reporting standards
- Computer literate with significant experience of various applications (primarily SAP, BW/BI, Excel and Powerpoint) and manipulation/presentation of data from them