Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.Essential Responsibilities:
- In the role of Field Specialist (Automation Technician), you will:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical / electronic equipment
- Perform on-site installation of electrical / electronic equipment, conduit, etc.
- Use various electronic equipment and tolls including auto cranes, stud guns, etc.
- Recognize and assess a variety of well optimization issues, either on own or by calling other technical specialists work with other business entities.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university (or High School Diploma /GED from an accredited school or institution with a minimum 4 years of electrical experience)
- Minimum 3 years of electrical experience Eligibility Requirement
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
- Be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
- Work in a hands-on environment and able to lift 75 lbs.
- Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
- Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
- Required to possess a valid driver's license to the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a Baker Hughes owned / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
- Ability to safely deploy to remote geographic assignment locations - onshore and offshore locations with limited access to medical care, which may require 4 hours (or more) travel time to reach secondary level medical care
- Undergo Periodic fitness for duty tests, examinations, and/or certifications will be required for onshore/offshore remote location assignments
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.