Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: CAD40 - CAD51 per hour
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, an Oil and Gas Operator, is currently looking for a Junior Construction Engineer for a contract role in Windsor Ontario. The individual must be local or have their own accomodations.
• This role is the principal liaison between the field staff and the Engineering Design Department and handles all engineering related issues that arise during construction.
• Assists with interpretations of the CSA Z662 Oil & Gas Pipeline Code and the company's Construction Specifications and Typical Drawings.
• Coordinates key meetings with Engineering Design, i.e. pressure test review and other Contractor Plans requiring company approval.
• Communicates field changes from the IFC drawings to the Design Engineer to receive approval.
• Must be familiar with all sections of the Construction Contract.
• Keeps track of who has copies of the Construction Contract and working Procurement to ensure all copies are consistent, providing updates to all recipients as required.
• Must be familiar with all drawings and BOMs.
• Must keep track of who has copies, ensuring all recipients have the current and consistent version.
• Responsible for confirmation and circulation of modifications to design drawings and updates.
• Administers Change Orders, identifies scope of work, confirms reimbursements, estimates cost, circulates for approval signatures, tracking completion and final invoicing
• Administer RFI's received from the Contractor and work with Engineering Design to provide a timely response.
• Works with the Contractor to track progress against the proposed construction schedule.
• Holds bi-weekly meetings to discuss schedule and strategize to maintain schedule should delays be encountered.
• Tracks field progress of construction tasks and communicate to Team (Send out weekly reports on Monday every week)
• Expedites required materials as needed due to items being missed off original order or damaged material items.
• Administers the Material Disposition Plan.
• Coordination of corrosion mitigation.
• Provides a report every week on Thursday to give material updates
• Must be familiar with all Permits and their conditions of approval, reminding the construction team of these requirements.
• Communicates to Permitting agencies if a field change is required.
• Coordinates and circulates Permit documents and required reports, i.e. compaction monitoring
• Attends site meetings with proponents (MTO, HONI, Municipalities, ect.) through construction
• Makes time to get out in the field to observe the various tasks involved in construction.
• Attends weekly construction, cost, schedule and other meetings to support the project.
• Alongside the Project Cost Coordinators, forecast the total and weekly construction contractor costs.
• Updates the Weekly Cost Tracking Graph, showing (i) budgeted project costs, (ii) actual project cost, and (iii) forecast project cost throughout the duration of the project
• Has a general knowledge of all other service providers, i.e. NDT, Surveying, Inspection, other Consultants
• Tracks, documents and coordinates changes with Engineering Design to fulfill the OEB requirements and provide to Regulatory
• Coordinates with the TRIM department to confirm all records are captured
• Interacts with many external agencies, contractors, landowners, industrial and commercial customers, inspectors, and other service providers, etc.
• Provides support and help with required updates to the Procedure of Work
• Ensures pipeline is properly preodorized before it is put into commission.
• Ensures all required tests are preformed (i.e. hydrotest, compaction test).
• Ensures proper monitoring occurs during blasting.
• Collects and summarizes results from construction tests and monitoring during blasting.
• Provides weekly updates on the construction schedule as well as pictures of work completed
• Post-secondary education in Engineering, CET or related field
• Minimum 1-3 years' engineering experience
• Must have strong computer skills including intermediate experience with MS Office including excel
NICE TO HAVES:
• P.Eng Certification
• Experience working with pipelines or in a construction environment
• Local travel will be required
• Schedule will vary from 50-75 hours/week including weekends
• Must be able to work on a construction site in varying weather conditions
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.