Skills: Pipeline Engineering, Technical Manager
Other Skills: Technical Authority, Senior Pipelines Engineer, Integrity Pipelines Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is a unique and challenging opportunity to manage and oversee integrity management of over 2,400 kilometers of Perenco UK operated Pipeline network in the Southern North Sea.
The relatively shallow Southern North Sea is a challenging, dynamic environment, and the Pipelines Technical Authority (TA) will be required to manage a team of dedicated pipeline engineers to ensure that Perenco continues to operate pipelines in a safe and efficient manner.
You will be responsible for the implementation of pipeline integrity management systems for Perenco's offshore and onshore pipeline network. The role requires a detailed understanding of offshore pipeline integrity management and engineering, a detailed knowledge of pipeline threat mechanisms, assessment of defects and anomalies, ability to recommend remedial actions as necessary and carry out detailed pipeline fitness for service assessments.
The TA position holds responsibility for ensuring Perenco remains compliant with all Health, Safety and environmental legislative requirements.
This position is primarily based in our Norwich office with the requirement to travel to our offshore and onshore operational sites on a regular basis.
Key responsibilities include:
• Fulfil the role of Pipeline Competent Person under Perenco's Pipeline Integrity Management Strategy (PIMS);
• Provide lead technical support to all areas of the business, where required;
• Provide leadership to pipeline engineers and manage team work responsibilities, including: inspection cycle activities, pipeline remediation, ILI campaigns and new Project support;
• Final technical assessment and endorsement for pipeline integrity management recommendations;
• Pipeline fitness for service assessments based on measured or predicted defects;
• Manage and review external studies carried out by specialist contractors;
• Manage the work of the outsourced pipeline engineers on behalf of Perenco UK;
• Delivery of annual pipeline integrity summaries, including 3rd party activities, providing an overall fitness for service statement;
• Management of subsea contractors, including: workscopes, project execution and final reports;
• Act as liaison point and primary contact for new developments which involve new pipeline design, crossings, build and commissioning and associated subsea activities.
• Regulatory (HSE & OGA) liaison for technical discussion, audits, consents and licences for new and existing facilities;
Safety Critical Tasks
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate
Experience / Qualifications
• We are seeking an individual qualified to Chartered Engineer level;
• At least 8 years' experience in energy related industry, with 6 years involvement in pipeline design, inspection, integrity management, construction and/or repair and maintenance.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Discretionary Bonus
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Allowance
• Life Assurance
• Excellent Pension Provision