Skills: Chemist, Laboratory Ops / Tech, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: CAD37 - CAD42 per hour
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Laboratory Technician for a fly in fly out opportunity in Fort McMurray.
- Supports and complies with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of COP's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System.
- Oversees all analytical operations.
- Performs various analysis not limited to the following: Ph., turbidity, conductivity, hardness, alkalinity, sulphites, chlorides, bitumen-in-water using equipment such as Hach Spectrometer, Turner Fluorescence Meter, Titration Probes etc.
- Provides necessary training to ops staff when needed.
- Assists in developing site specific operating practices.
- Ensures QA/QC lab analysis procedures are correct and followed.
- Ensures appropriate test methods and standards are applied and measurement quality objectives are met.
- Monitors QA/QC procedures on a daily basis.
- Performs spot checks of analysis data and investigates/report any inconsistencies.
- Conducts regular internal QA/QC audits and reports on gaps found.
- Ensures laboratory facility is kept clean and in a safe and functional condition.
- Ensures that all laboratory supplies and expendables are available and in stock.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experienced level, 1-3 years of laboratory experience
- Provides more technical/functional support than administrative support.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of technology, applications, terminology, and procedures required of job function.
- Performs varied and more complex tasks.
- Makes decisions within broad parameters.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.