Skills: Contracts Engineer, Machinist
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
The ideal candidate has the ability to work well under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment, direct and motivate work efforts of others, and handle stressful situations. This is an excellent opportunity for a person with a background in the preparation of proposals and presentations in a professional services environment who seeks to build on that expertise to help grow BV.
Coordination and development of customized proposals, statement of qualifications, requests for information, etc. in response to requests for the commercial and government market segments. Assistance with marketing activities, tradeshow and conference coordination; meeting coordination, advertising, direct mailing, and other duties in the Sales/Marketing Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scheduling and tracking production of proposals/qualifications packages to meet deadlines, including production efforts.
- Serving as main point-of-contact to business development team and handles all aspects of the customized business proposal submittal, coordination, and distribution processes.
- Coordinating and developing proposal development effort by working with Technical Operations to develop appropriate technical responses. Ensuring BV's technical approach and qualifications statement is responsive to clients' stated goals and needs. Positioning BV as the ideal consultant for each opportunity, ensuring compliance with RFP requirements.
- Coordinating and planning delivery of preparation, assembly, and delivery of proposal documents to include preparing action lists of tasks to be completed, by whom, and coordination of timing.
- Developing and maintaining government standard forms 254, 255, and 330 Architect and Engineer qualifications statement.
- Managing project, client, and consultant data in firm-wide databases.
- Initiating improvements to systems currently in place such as resumes of key personnel, proposal and SOQ boilerplate content, and prior experience profiles, tailored to specific services and business areas.
- Assisting with internal contact database and coordinates mailing invitations.
- Coordinating direct mail campaigns including pre- and post-conference mailings.
- Assisting in the development of all marketing materials including direct mail, electronic media, signage, etc. Working with department to develop and approve event messaging and pre-show promotions.
- Preparing marketing literature and convention support materials. Attends conventions as required where BV has a display booth or other presence.
- Organizing all technical marketing communications material and completing writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. Assisting with the formatting, reproduction, and distribution of technical marketing communications material.
- Assisting with the planning of internal and external meetings, tradeshows, and conferences including client trainings, annual sales meetings, and webinars; completing required forms for tradeshow participation and presentation sessions.
- Completing registration, sponsorship, and other forms for approved events (securing early bird pricing whenever possible).
- Possibly coordinating hotel arrangements for participants.
- Coordinating meeting room space, required audio/visual needs, guest speakers, etc.
- Coordinating internal meetings of tradeshow participants.
- Following up with details and attending events, as needed, to support sales team.
- Assisting with event budget, providing budget input for the overall department budget, and monitoring budget status; creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation of each show/event.
- Maintaining clear and accurate attendance, leads and budget records of past events and cost forecasts for upcoming events.
- Protecting operations by keeping company information confidential.
- Delivering outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to clients needs.
- Selecting most cost-effective methods at all times.
- Demonstrating BV's guiding principles in support of the company's strategic goals.
- Following all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions applicable to the position and support of BV's quality standards.
- Maintaining safe and clean work area by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience :
BA/BS in marketing, communications, business, or other relevant areas of study preferred; Program and design skills desired: Adobe CS including InDesign, Illustrator, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Photoshop , Deltek Vision and website content management system.
2-5 years marketing experience in the Architecture, Engineering, or Construction industries, preparing proposals, qualification packages and presentations; assisting with business development activities; and supporting public relation efforts - editing and organizing various components of each, ensuring content is comprehensive, competitive, client-specific, and according to firm brand standards.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations : Not Required
Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills; ability to self-manage assignments with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong team ethic; and ability to express ideas and opinions to groups and individuals. Detail-oriented and accurate; possess a positive "can do" attitude and able to meet deadlines under pressure. Tactful and professional in relations with internal and external contacts and all levels of employees. Ability to work overtime as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO/AAE: BV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply. BV is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, "disabled Veterans", or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. BV values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members. BV is a federal contractor and requests priority referrals of protected Veterans. Questions: Jennifer Dodson, 800-733-0660.
Please understand that this offer does not create a contract of employment for a definite term or a contract of continuing employment. BV is an at-will employer and either party can terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.