Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.Primary Responsibilities:
- Work closely with respective GCL/PC Sourcing Leader to drive China Sourcing Strategy for respective Commodities and/or Categories
- Focal point as a Commodity leader working with cross functions to execute the project plan meeting the business need on cost, quality and delivery.
- Search, identify, visit and develop potential suppliers to grow China buy also to support the operation needs with multi-product lines.
- Negotiate Pricing and Supply Agreement; implement Terms & Conditions in line with sourcing strategy; Negotiate with suppliers for a better payment terms, and for charge back if it is case.
- Work closely with GCL/PC sourcing team/buyers to run eauction(bidding) to drive cost down; Initiate and lead the activities with suppliers to drive the competitiveness.
- Execute eSA(supplier on boarding) process to approve potential suppliers, manage the supplier performance and drive the continues improvements with supplier quality teams; Drive the resolutions on the matter of delivery and quality with team.
- Work with the commodity leaders in different P&L/COE for synergy and consolidation opportunities.
- Support the team to develop China Sourcing S1 and S2 and Operating Plan.
- BS degree or above in Engineering/manufacturing/Material or other related
- Min 5 yrs experience in sourcing role; preferably in the machining area and/or casting/forging fields. Have some years of manufacturing experience will be an advantage.
- Demonstrate proficiency in supplier identification and development, ability to negotiate and manage supplier using good sourcing tools and processes.
- Proactive and positive self-starter with energy, enthusiasm and ability to execute with quality.
- Ability to adapt, open to change and thrive on finding better, more effective solutions & process
- Have project management/NPI experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English/Communication skills; Strong team work spirit.
- Relevant experience in the Oil & Gas or Power Generation industry is a plus.
- Work with BH Sourcing Team in region to leverage processes, resources and best practices
- Experience working with Microsoft Suite (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and web based tools
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.