Skills: HR - General
Education: Masters Degree
Location: London, United Kingdom
Eager to join multinational and multicultural organization, apply now by uploading your CV & Cover Letter.
The HR Representative is responsible for providing support to employees and managers on topics including, but not limited to, hiring, relocation, benefits, career development, performance appraisals, compensation and promotions. He/she may be the first line of contact for management/employee queries and is expected to have a good grasp of the HR/business issues with appropriate and proactive measures to regularly improve HR performance and employee motivation. He/she assists the HR Manager in the design, development and implementation of various policies, programs and procedures and is responsible for administering these as directed.
Reporting to: HR Manager/ HR Representative
Relationships: HR Management/Line Management
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Dedicates face time to ensure employee support through interaction and feedback.
- Organizes and conducts employee information meetings on employment policy, benefits and compensation.
- Acts as first point of contact for employees regarding employee relations issues and/or concerns about motivation and job satisfaction.
- Advises and assists business/line managers on interpretation and administration of HR policies and programs.
- Supports line management on a variety of HR tools and processes (for example performance appraisal, career planning, succession planning, COR, SETC, GFE controls, identification of high value employees, and recognition of performance through rewards).
- Coordinates internal and external training and recruitment activities.
- Screens and reviews applications and may interview applicants.
- Assists in organizing internal teambuilding events and external local community events.
- Complies with all applicable Schlumberger standards and policies.
- Assists with the coaching and development of new team members.
- Identifies and participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with the Data Privacy & Protection Guidelines and relevant legislation.
Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a bachelor's or master's degree in Human Resources or Business Management with 0 to 2 years' Personnel or HR experience.
- Leading by example: Strongly protects and acts as guardian to our Values, Policies and HR Principles and encourages employees to do the same.
- Visible and accessible: Is visible, approachable and available to all employees.
- Results oriented: Delivers the right thing, on time, with quality and accuracy.
- Proactive: Identifies, assesses and addresses potential issues in the workplace. Actively promotes continuous improvement of HR Policies and Standards.
- Responsive: Commits to keep employees and managers informed of status of queries, issues, or concerns, and follows up through closure.
- Trustworthy: Establishes a relation of trust with employees through openness, adherence to commitments, and maintains confidentiality.
Annual Salary Range: from £33,500 to £35,000 depending on qualifications level (additional 10% Performance Incentive Bonus)
Posting date : January 17th 2020
Closing date : April 3rd 2020
Estimated start date: Early Q2 2020 (flexible)
Company name: Schlumberger
Disclaimer: Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.