Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
This position is responsible for supervision, mentoring and providing guidance to two GL Accountants in general accounting 's operations including inventory costing, fixed assets, general ledger, tax accounting, intercompany and month end close. Plans and coordinates external and internal financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis, and ensures reporting requirements are met.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manage team performance, skill development, and build team competencies. Set metrics to measure effectiveness of business process and expected results.
- Lead team to deliver the Month-end Close within the timeline. Coordinate closing activities within Finance, FSS and other Business Units to ensure that issues are resolved and specific reporting deadlines are met.
- Drive for business process improvement and recommend resource allocation to optimize team work's performance.
Analytics/ Decision Support/ Report
- Plan and coordinates external and internal financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis, and ensures reporting requirements are met.
- Proactively engages FSS in the identification of errors in reporting and the timely resolution of accounting issues.
- Analyze and explains complex data and variances to Business Units, Asia Pacific Decision Support and Reporting (DSR) and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with external auditors to facilitate the preparation of annual audited Financial Statements, Tax and BOT reports for all Thailand Companies. Ascertain compliance to statutory reporting for Thai GAAP including the necessary system enhancement.
- Prepare monthly Corporate Income tax, Deferred Income Tax accrual and understand well on US GAAP Tax adjustment and submit annual Corporate Income tax return to Revenue Department
- Response and provide information to support tax queries raised by the Revenue Department in conjunction with Tax manager to expedite finalization of Corporate Income tax audit.
GL Accounts Master Data Management and Reconciliation
- Responsible on manage Master Account data.
- Prepare/review reconciliation of accounts and update procedures assigned to General Accounting Area
- Review/summarize accounts and adjustments to be made/follow up before closing
Deployment of Corporate Accounting Policies/ SAP
- Support changes or implementation in both corporate accounting policies and statutory accounting principles
- Work through complicated accounting issues, provides accounting advice and decision support to Business units
- Utilize thorough knowledge of SAP system capabilities and functions as a key contributor on projects dealing with development and implementation of enhancements
SOX and Compliance
- Comply with all applicable Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) control objectives and that identified internal controls for group's area of responsibility are monitored
- Maintain complete and updated process documentation for processes handled. Ensure adequate controls in place to protect integrity of financial numbers including SOX controls and participating in SOX testing.
- Undertake special projects as assigned by the Department Head and assists to provide professional and quality accounting support to business units and business support service groups.
- Perform and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
- Involve in the contract review process for land leases and non-fuel customers
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- At least7 years working experience in Accountingfrom the multinational company environment
- Po ssess and demonstrate good knowledge related to local statutory regulations in Finance, Accounting, Taxation, Audit, Compliances, and SOX
- Multi-Tasking, ability to prioritize, results driven and manages multiple stakeholders and or-issues
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate (oral and written) with key stakeholders and peers across Business Units, providing clear recommendations in a concise manner
- Excellent interpersonal skill, accountable, demonstrate initiative and process improvement
- Good Communication Skills in both Thai and English and presentation skills
- Strong Computer Literacy in MS Office in particular MS Excel and MS Power Point
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.