Skills: Maintenance Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Heidelberg, Mississippi, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for a Lead Maintenance Technician to join our team in the Heidelberg, MS area. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all areas of the field operations. This position is diverse and may vary on a daily basis. Incumbent may be required to work with hand tools, power tools and heavy equipment. Must have strong knowledge in oil and gas and be a skilled backhoe operator.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required
- Perform basic maintenance on oilfield infrastructure and gas fields using the proper tools.
- Complete housekeeping duties at the job site, company vehicle and equipment.
- Work with hands to keep the equipment maintained and clean
- Communicate regularly with supervisors and other field personnel
- Provide a comprehensive overview of your respective field to relief person in charge when you are on days off, vacation, etc.
- Identify more efficient methods without compromising safety
- Always wear appropriate PPE (FRC, hard hat, steel toed shoes/boots, safety glasses and hearing protection)
- Drive appropriately for the conditions, always wear seat belt, do not use phones in any way while operating a vehicle
- Follow lock-out/tag-out procedures when opening any piping or working on equipment including electronics
- Ensure all fences and guards are in place and functional
- Follow call-out procedures when on call
- Ensure contract workers in your area are wearing PPE and working in a safe manner. Implement stop work authority as needed
- Complete a JSA daily and for any new task
- Report environmental spills immediately and erosion as it is found
- Ensure electronic equipment is clean and fully operational at all times (lap tops, phones, radios, office scada electronics, tools, etc.)
- Routinely check and maintain all mechanical equipment (ATVs, water pumps, air compressors, generators, etc.).
- Maintain acceptable hygiene and professional appearance and is clean shaven daily
- Required to attend all safety meetings unless approved otherwise by Supervisor
- Report to work as scheduled
- Must participate in Behavioral Based Safety Observation Program and Stop Work Authority
- Report any suspicious activity or wrong doing to your Supervisor immediately
- Must follow Company and Client policies.
Skills / Qualifications
- Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, stand, climb and lift up to 75 lbs. and perform numerous task that require physical agility and manual dexterity as well as mental acuity throughout shift
- Willing to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to work and bolt up flanges
- Work on-call and weekends as needed or required
- Use of basic tools such as hammers, wrenches, shovels, screwdrivers, power tools, etc.
- Ability to operate a forklift & man lift
- Have a good safety culture
- Ability to work well with others
- Other duties as assigned
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.