Role Summary :
This is a HSE Intern role for the Shannon site reporting to HSE Manager, assisting with HSE site tasks to help meet all site HSE legal and business compliance requirements.Specific HSE Tasks required for this Position
General Requirements for this Position
- Management and Order Requirements of PPE using SAP, working with suppliers, employees and review of legal requirements to provide and train on the most appropriate standard PPE based on SRA
- Managing BH HSE Management Tool Gensuite - ensuring compliance calendar tasks and concern reports are chased to closure and completing own assigned tasks, while also assigning relevant items to other owners
- Creation of Risk Assessments and completion of associated tasks, requirements, training and possible corrective actions
- Involvement in managing permit to sewer licence requirements to drain water from flow loops and subsea tank, several times a year, and assisting and in meeting licence obligations, such as sampling, monitoring and reporting as defined and required. Liaising with Irish water, Clare Co. Co. and EPA as required.
- Continuous review of Industrial Hygiene plan for site with specific focus on the Waygate VST section, working with IH consultant to carry out lead dust sampling and reporting, ensure area compliance to good lab practice adherent and managing associated blood lead monitoring with third party Health Practitioner and HR communicating confidential personnel record results
- Additional focus project required on noise monitoring with Industrial Hygienist in Flow VST to monitor and reduce noise requirements for SPFM and other calibration loops on site
- Champion of new amended Site Hazardous Plan, including a colour coded classification system and update of chemical waste list from each dept. on site and the administration and filing of all associated removal documents and disposal certificates (TFS & WTF)
- Champion of Chemical Management, carrying out monthly audits and logging any concerns and corrective actions to Gensuite
- Liaise with third party appointed Dangerous Advisor as required and implement corrective actions to closure
- Manage Environmental Waste management on site, with a target to increase recycling and therefore reduce all waste on site improving Environmental Footprint and saving money for the site
- Assist Management of Change process for the site, identifying possible risk before it comes or is implemented on site
- Carry out HSE induction training for new employees and visitors as required and provide back up when not available or on site
- Implement continuous improvement in Health, Safety and Environmental practices.
- Act in accordance with the company's Guiding Principles and adherence to the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Compliance to all local site Health, Safety and Environmental regulations.
- Compliance to all local site company policies, procedures and corporate policies.
- To liaise and coordinate with external consultants
- Coach employees on positive health & safety practice
- Assist in carrying out emergency plans and fire drills as required
- To deliver health and safety induction and other safety training as required.
- Relevant third level HSE Certificate qualification
- Experience working in HSE and a mature and practical approach to its implementation
- Thorough knowledge of current environmental, health and safety legislation
- Strong computer literacy essential and power point presentation skills
- Ability to make effective oral presentations and work as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills as will be working with full site cross functional team from Site executives, PM to production operatives and office staff, who will all have different HSE requirements and expectations.
- To be a strategic thinker with a strong influential communication style
- Highly self-motivated, results/metrics driven and wants to make a difference in HSE
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficiency in organizing, communication, problem solving, multitasking and collaborating with others.
: Shannon, Ireland
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more