Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Sr. Innovation Engineer – Team Lead will be primarily responsible for day to day management of direct reports on given engineering team. Also, for providing technical leadership to the team and ensuring Agile best practices are utilized by the team. This role will work with the team to develop services to support Fugro products, data processing automation, and client services delivery. Duties consist of improving operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures. This includes designing, developing, and carrying out maintenance and support of software innovation products. The Sr. Innovation Engineer will ensure that engineering is carried out to company standards and actively contributes to continuous improvement of the engineering processes. Lastly, this role will have to facilitate an agile self-organizing team and influence the team in subtle and indirect ways to empower and motivate the team in achieving a shared identity, values and purpose in development of products.
- Collaborative design and architect solutions.
- Develops software for the entire product lifecycle.
- Maintains technical, professional relevance and improves expertise by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming/design techniques, development patterns, computing/production equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and research papers, by maintaining personal networks and by participating in professional organizations.
- Identifies and reports security and performance issues.
- Liaises with other personnel as required.
- Creatively experiments with new tools and processes.
- Works to understand the business and problems being solved—participate in experimentation of unique and creative solutions to solve identified business areas.
- Authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 6 or more of software development experience including source control, testing, and understanding of CI/CD.
- 3 or more years of experience developing cloud-based services and applications.
- 2 or more years of experience of leveraging infrastructure as code.
- Passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Disposition for continuous learning.
- Ability to coordinate and plan future project work.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
- At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.