The purpose of this role is to provide rigorous project management of all major capital (CAPEX) projects through to the completion of the 'Execute' phase of the BP project model Capital Value Process (CVP). The role will cover the different functions within the Fuels ESA Chain, namely, Logistics, Sales, Marketing and Asset Management in both South Africa and Mozambique.
The incumbent will assist to ensure application of the BP Refining & Marketing (R&M) Projects Common Process (PCP), to ensure projects are executed safely, on-time, within approved budget and according to BP quality & HSSE requirements.Key Accountabilities:
The role is the Single Point of Accountability (SPA) Project Engineer on managing the following Engineering & Project Management Knowledge Areas and Project Management Processes in accordance to PMI PMBOK methodology:
- Project Quality Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Human Resources Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project HSSE Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Project Utility / Value Management
An Engineering degree and a Project / Construction Management qualification. Experience (years and nature)
Other CompetenciesBroad skills
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a related technical environment such as Engineering Design / Consulting / Project & Construction Management / Maintenance or Construction Operations Support.
- Project Management and Engineering experience in the petroleum industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning, leading, organising and controlling skills
- Negotiating skills
- Construction Site Operations skills
- Basic level MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Power Point skills required
- Intermediary MS Excel and MS Project skills required.
- Previous experience using an Asset Management or Maintenance Programme such as Maximo would be beneficial / is a definite advantage.
Problem Solving & Analysis
- Relates well at managerial and operational level to ensure that Programme Management Framework is adopted and adhered to.
- Is flexible to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- The incumbent needs to be a clear thinker and have the ability to influence and persuade a very wide range of often difficult stakeholders.
Analyses issues and risks (based on relevant information) in a manner that promotes effective decision-making and ensures project delivery.Communication:
- Ability to clearly articulate requirements and effectively translate these into project/action plans.
- Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to influence internal clients and subject matter experts to deliver quality projects.
- Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language suited to the various stakeholders within area of responsibility.