Skills: Production Operator
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Network Engineer, on a contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
The Senior Network Engineer is primarily responsible for working on projects related to network either new or existing architecture and will be responsible for end to end implementations in addition to support our Global Operations Centre, i.e., to make sure the production network is up and running, configurations and change management, responsible for the design, installation and maintenance of the network globally for us and customers.
? Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
? Design & implement network layouts, configurations and deployment plans in addition to recommending required hardware/software for such plans
? Ensure all network equipment configurations are maintained and audited. Ensure that where applicable appropriate access controls are enforced through firewall policies.
? Coordinates with service providers and vendors to ensure communication services are turned-up
? Plan and implement new site network designs and work on projects independently
? Create and maintain comprehensive documentation to include network diagrams, configuration templates, and network policies relating to change management
? Lead network activity for mobilizations and demobilization while updating all documentation and systems pertaining to defined activity
? Participate in project planning activities
? Available to travel domestic and international up to 20%
? Other assigned work as and when required to support operations and Projects.
Bachelor degree, or equivalent education and experience, and extensive experience working on Data, Wireless, Voice and Security technologies in an Offshore working environment. CCNA required; prefer CCNP or must be able to obtain. Must also be qualified at all levels of LAN, WAN, Voice, Wireless, and Security technologies.
- Significant experience working directly with customer and client technical teams
- Extensive experience with designing and implementing wireless networks for WAN and LAN solutions
- Extensive experience with implementing network configurations and deployment plans including both routing and switching.
- Extensive experience with designing global call routing with on Cisco VG, CME, CUE, and CCM.
Expert understanding of:
- TCP/IP network protocols following the OSI model
- Wireless design typically gained from past experiences with the Cisco product line and other platforms
- Configuring and troubleshooting GRE/IPSEC in a dynamic VPN environment
- QOS policies across the Enterprise for Data, Voice and Video solutions
- Routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, RIPv2, OSPF, PFRv3 and Static routing protocols while using IPSLA
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Aruba Wireless systems, ClearPass, Mobility Master, Controller, Access Points, and AirWave
- Troubleshooting software such as SolarWinds, Wireshark, and packet tracers
- DNS resolution
- Routing over VSAT, 4G LTE, WiMAX, Metro-ethernet, and fibre
- Cisco Wireless VoIP, Wireless Controllers, and autonomous and lightweight Access Points
- Switching technology fundamentals
- Cisco ASA Firewall with working knowledge of DMZ design and security best practices
- Cisco CME, CUE, SIP, SCCP, Telephony services, Voice Codecs, and Translation patterns
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Experience with Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies
- Participate in scheduled monthly maintenance process when necessary
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Configure, support, and troubleshoot business-to-business VPN tunnels
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- Answer phone and email client requests for support on GDS services
- Available after hours and weekends as needed and willing to work on-call rotation
- Ability to work as a team member, team lead and/or independently