Skills: HR - General
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an HR Advisor, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
To provide local and remote HR support to your internal customers based in Aberdeen, Fawley, the Netherlands and Norway, and be required to complete approximately 10-15% travel.
You will be the focal point for line managers and associates for day to day HR advice on employee relations (ER), HR policies and procedures, and employment law application. You will develop and provide policy training and coach line managers to help achieve optimal team performance, ensure understanding of risks to the business and fair outcomes for employees.
You will be an experienced HR Advisor or alternatively an ambitious HR Officer/ Coordinator looking for your next step up.
- Provide timely and accurate HR advice in relation to front line employee relations (ER) queries; performance and absence management, disciplinary, grievance, HR policies and employment law.
- Write, review and update all policies and procedures in line with current legislation and best practice.
- Proactively develop and provide policy, procedure and good practice coaching/training/guidance to managers to empower them to manage ER more independently.
- Support HR Manager with grievance, disciplinary and capability investigations and hearings and other tasks as required. Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing local HR requirements.
- Develop and conduct internal process audits to ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the region.
- Proactively manage absence cases; working in conjunction with the line manager maintain regular communication and schedule OH requirements.
- Ensure data integrity, accuracy and timeliness, with regard, but not limited to employee data, payroll input and maintaining appropriate documentation and HR reporting.
- Ensure that the Company remains compliant with Immigration Legislation by regularly maintaining records and initiating appropriate applications for work permits, visas etc.
- Become a GDPR subject matter expert on the team. Lead on requirements implementation.
- Participate in the development and administration of new HR initiatives.
- Communicates effectively - Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Confident to deal with stakeholders at all levels, with the ability to influence in a positive and effective manner.
- Decision Quality - Able to work independently, exercising good initiative, potential problems assessment, demonstrates sound judgement. Strong problem-solving skills.
- Collaborates - Team oriented, builds partnerships with others to meet shared objectives.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Approachable, relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people, able to professionally manage relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Courage - Able to challenge and negotiate without damaging relationships.
- Nimble learning - Willing to learn, research, propose and implement good practices. Committed to continuous professional development and process improvement.
- Plans and Aligns - Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Being Resilient - Renounces from setbacks. Able to effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and stay on track towards accomplishing organisational goals. Flexibly in changing circumstances.
- CIPD part / full qualified
- Good working knowledge of employment law, good understanding of HR policies and best practices
- Willingness to travel: 15% time