Skills: Production Operator, Production Technologist
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Onslow, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The successful candidates must be resident in Western Australia or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia with full relocation support from Chevron
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage routine operation of process, systems and equipment in a designated area
- Follow routine procedures and initiate correct methods for developing non-routine procedures
- Manage safe preparation and return to service of the plant for maintenance activities
- Mange safe work including the issue of permits as an area authority under the permit to work system
- Ensure plant integrity is maintained by vigilant monitoring of equipment
- Initiate, plan & execute work using the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Execution of maintenance and production schedules within the broader Operations team
- Liaise with Maintenance team and advise of any abnormal performance or potential failure of equipment
- Maintain required competencies for the safe and efficient operation of plant
- Commitment to health, environment, safety and Chevron best practices
Key skills and experience required:
- Significant experience (5+ years) as a frontline production technician working within a complex hydrocarbons, gas or chemical processing facility
- Certificate III or IV in Process Plant technology is desirable
- Understanding of chemical and physical properties and hazards of hydrocarbon gases and liquids
- Understanding of function, mechanics, operation and maintenance of production & utility equipment
- Demonstrable operational problem-solving and continuous improvement experience
- Awareness and understanding of the concepts of risk management and risk assessment tools
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills
- A valid drivers' license and eligible for a marine security identification card (MSIC)
- Commitment to achieving incident free operations
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been present in Australia for more than 60 years
- Chevron offers career development opportunities to all employees including training, development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and committed to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron supports work-life balance and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
- We actively encourage applications from Australian Aboriginals, women, mature age applicants, candidates with disabilities and those with diverse cultural backgrounds. To be a part of our success, apply now.
Position Close Date: Thursday,30 January 2020, 3pm WST
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.