Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the Customer Sales Associate position through 02/03/2020 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides customers practical business solutions over the phone through experience, networking and good problem-solving techniques.
- Works in a team of 6-8 Customer Sales Associates supporting the business of the Global Lubricant's business unit.
- Meets customer expectations within the established operating guidelines of the business.
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with customers while executing financial transactions in the areas of pricing and billing.
- Analyzes complex customer. problems/situations to determine the resolution that is in the spirit of our customer driven partnership.
- Accountable for resolution to inquiries and has the authority to make decisions in alignment with business strategies and goals.
- Transfers inquiries to resident experts or outside of the Lubricants Business Center correctly and with appropriate information. Ensures all cases are closed in a reasonable period of time.
- Manages customer pricing mechanisms, discounts, and rebates for all products and solutions. Initiates contacts with customers and sales personnel to investigate and resolve pricing disputes.
- Tracks errors in SAP and develops processes to prevent recurring issues.
- Monitors and enforced delegated pricing authority levels within the SAP system.
- Monitors tracking and measurement systems for selective discount programs and recommends actions to Sales Managers as a result of data analysis on pricing, profitability, product availability and customer profitability.
- Manages billing process and exceptions for all products and solutions, including clearing all pre-processor edits through SAP and supporting systems.
- Expert in SAP billing processes.
- Proactively monitors and audits billing documents for accuracy and timeliness.
- Teams with credit and receivables group on outstanding receivables.
- Manages cancel and rebill process to minimize number of rebills, evaluating alternatives to find least expensive way to get the product to the customer.
- Advises customer on margin.
- Manages buyback processes for appropriate market channels.
- Ensures direct and marketer customers are in alignment throughout the buyback process to minimize revenue leaks.
- Manages customer relationships in pursuit of "value-added" account management.
- Responsible for customer intimacy in transactional and service requirements.
- Maintains working knowledge of customer profiles and key contacts. Proactively contacts customers for input and service feedback.
- Responsible for large account load assignment while teaming within workgroup to assist on other accounts as well.
- Partners with other Lubricants Business Center support teams in support of total customer experience.
- Performs customer administration requirements in support of sales process.
- Continuously seeks ways to streamline administrative requirements of our customers and our sales reps in support of customers, driving technology solutions where appropriate (CRM, knowledge mgmt., and web interfaces), including customer web applications.
- Pursues continuous education in IT systems and processes.
- Advocate for online systems and partnership with Business Point functionality in support of customer needs.
- Closely works with Field Sales and the Louisville Business Support Team to develop accurate input and validation of expenses, competitive information, material costs, volume, and pricing to ensure deal accuracy in decisions.
- Providing pricing support through deal evaluation, analytics, and accuracy review
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2 Years of experience in Service Center Processes
- Microsoft Office Suite Knowledge.
- Communicates clearly, listens to customer needs, and balances financial objectives with customer needs.
- Ability to focus resources on key business drivers and objectives.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Customer Sales Associate must be able to analyze data and reports to find issues which require attention.
- Work safely and to promote the safety of the workgroup.
- Background in both customer service and accounting are important to success in this position.
- Business-to-Business Relationship Management Experience.
- SAP Experience in Order to Cash.
- Experience with Pricing Management Tool (SAP, Vendavo, Etc.).
- Salesforce.com Experience in Service Cloud.
- Consistently displays Chevron Way values and principles in all customer dealings and company business.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.