Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Senior Land Representative provides extensive Land and Right-Of-Way (ROW) support for asset area while acquiring knowledge of CPL operations and business practices.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Address significant ROW related issues, typically in support of 3rd Party Inquiries for CPL and may involve business, legal or operational consequences to Company assets. Provide guidance to others in work group.
- Serves as the Expert for projects that involve a high degree of public sensitivity and environmental exposure.
- Responsible for managing all land matters pertaining to pipeline projects that may involve significant financial impact (several million), multiple landowners and a high degree of public sensitivity.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the efforts of land contractors and land representatives working on high level projects (several million).
- Responsible for providing Land Acquisition plans to Business Development and management for high level projects (includes strategy, cost and risks).
- Develops creative alternatives and options for significant ROW/Legal problems and recommends appropriate strategies and solutions to Management.
- Responsible for developing intricate and fully encompassing Reimbursement Agreements for line location/removal.
- Anticipates industry trends and works to mitigate risks to Asset.
- Networks with other OPCO's to devise plans for responding to broad land issues.
- Significant contributor to Commercial & Business Development for optimal utilization/disposition of idle or abandoned pipelines throughout.
- Prepare/give testimony for public hearings or condemnation proceedings.
Provide extensive Land and Right of Way (ROW) services to other Chevron disciplines:
- Stewards the conflict inquiry process to ensure optimal outcome for the Company.
- Aides in implementing policies and procedures that creates synergy between other disciplines.
- Lead liaison with governmental agencies and the local community for all significant land matters impacting the Asset.
- Seen as the Land and ROW expert across all assets, peers and management. Provides creative and effective solutions to significant ROW issues such as the negotiation of complicated ROW agreements involving multiple parties.
Provides extensive support and counsel during due diligence, acquisition and divestment of properties:
- Manages all ROW efforts during due diligence, sale and acquisition of complex property transfers resulting in several million for the asset.
- Prepares suggestions on whether the valuations justify property to be acquired or divested and can influence the outcome.
Assist Home Office in forecast and management of ROW costs impacting Asset:
- Accountable for forecasting the cost of maintenance and renewal of easements/franchises or other legal instruments enabling asset to conduct business as well as oversee and approve all Payment Recommendations and Check Requests over $200,000
- Provides recommendations for the maintenance and upkeep of all the Asset ROW files including the effective use of ROW Database System.
Actively participates in development plan for career objective:
- Completes IRWA training modules as outlined in career development plan
- Completes CPL required training
- Directly coaches and mentors Senior Land Representatives.
- Serves as a CPL wide expert, mentor and training manager to continue to improve organizational capability and standardization within the Land and Right of Way (ROW) organization.
- Is a member of and participates in International Right-of-Way Association, American Association of Petroleum Landmen, PIPA (Pipelines Informed Pipeline Alliance), AOPL (Association Of Oil Pipe Lines) as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
- +10 years of experience researching, reviewing and renegotiating pipeline rights of way.
- Extensive knowledge of title research
- Demonstrated knowledge in abstracting practices
- Four-year college degree
- Experience in Microsoft Office
Relocation Options: Relocation may be considered.
International Considerations: Expatriate assignments will not be considered. Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.