Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Oceaneering AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services. Position Summary
The Project Logistics Engineer applies a working knowledge of logistics engineering fundamentals in a managed team environment and may also provide work leadership for lower level employees. This role requires providing direction and recommendations to managers, engineering staff, and support staff in all OTECH departments.
It is required to have experience with DoD acquisition logistics procedures and documentation requirements, including FMECA, RM&A, DMSMS, spares determination, system training, and technical manual development. Duties & Responsibilities
- May coordinate and supervise an interdisciplinary team of engineers, designers, drafters, technical writers, and technicians.
- Independently complete difficult logistics engineering tasks that may include a variety of complex dimensions and requirements.
- May review progress and evaluate results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Conduct research, including reading source material, and meeting with subject matter experts (SMEs) as needed.
- May provide leadership/management to lower level employees.
- Technically manage projects of a small scope.
- Devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Prepare reports and present results to Project Managers and Integrated Logistics Support Manager (ILSM).
- Demonstrate excellent technical judgement, and appreciable independent evaluation and ingenuity.
- Conduct routine analyses/tests and complete required documentation.
- Independently develop objectives, schedules, and estimates for difficult assignments and prepare reports on the results.
- Estimate resource requirements to meet technical and scheduling objectives.
- Estimate personnel needs and coordinate work to meet completion dates.
- Support the Systems Engineering Program in accordance with customer/project requirements, including the performance of hazard analyses, and FMEAs.
- Provide Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) services to commercial and military programs.
- Interface with engineers and vendors to obtain drawings/specifications/data to allow development of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) concept through analysis such as; trade studies, configuration item identification, logistics support resources, and provisioning data.
- Ability to meet schedule, cost and technical performance requirements of complex, government design/build systems.
- Interact with customer, and representatives to define and manage expectations
- Participate in Technical Working Groups to assess and improve ADTECH processes and capabilities.
- Evaluate Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), and vendor capability to provide required product or services.
- Document analyses as required by program (i.e. contract deliverable requirements, on-line logistics databases, etc.)
- Assist in bid and proposal efforts by providing OTECH and ADTECH Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) capability information.
- Occasional work outside normal working hours should be anticipated.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical discipline. Significant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5-10 years of practical experience in logistics engineering.
- 2 or more years of experience leading multidisciplinary teams to produce logistics engineering products.
- Experience with the development of:
- Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSPs)
- Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA)
- ILS Management Plans
- System Training Plans
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A) analyses.
- Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages
- Ability to work independently and in a small team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the company and subcontractor organizations as well as customer representatives.
- Demonstrated general technical knowledge and practical application of engineering principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and data.
- Demonstrated, successful performance in Logistics discipline.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications and Database management.
- Advanced knowledge of government and commercial contract requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of Government publication standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Experience with large-scale commercial and/or military systems.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.