Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Responsible for providing technical oversight and support to Oceaneering owned and Chartered vessels, administrating the computerized preventive maintenance program and Maintenance audits to prevent or reduce instances of off hire time due to unplanned equipment failures. Analyze preventive maintenance practices and failure-based repairs to make recommendations for continuous improvement to Marine Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain channels of effective communication with customers Marine Assurance organizations, operations teams, sub-contractors, and other departments in regard to vessel technical matters.
- Track regulatory requirements with respective agencies such as DNV, ABS, and USCG to ensure vessel compliance and coordinate time needed with SPG Operations and Vessel Owners/Operators to ensure vessel compliance.
- Oversight and administration of Maintenance Audits on Oceaneering owned vessels, and chartered vessels if required.
- Lead or participate in Root Cause analysis with Marine, Quality Assurance and chartered vessel operators to ensure close out of down time or equipment failure issues with Oceaneering owned or chartered vessels. Provide reports for management and Clients.
- Represent Marine and SPG operations with Ocean Evolution WI/WS submittals/approvals through ABS and HNLS submittals/approvals through USCG
- Assist Chartered vessel operators as needed for close out of outstanding technical issues.
- Prior experience in specification development, selecting, troubleshooting, and maintaining marine equipment on offshore vessels.
- Experience in Marine Assurance is essential and also in the design construction and/or operation of Dynamically Positioned and conventional vessels.
- Familiar with Reliability Centered Maintenance practices
- Articulate and a good communicator, be able to compile professional, persuasive documents and reports as well as write relevant standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrate an ability to independently manage problems and tasks. Decisions will be made within generally broad parameters and a high level of initiative is required, taking into account all factors and not just the technical ones.
- Good knowledge of classification society (ABS, DNV, etc.), statutory, and industry standard compliance.
- Self-motivated and require little direction.
- Strong integrity and values are essential.
- Five (5) years' experience in supervisory/managerial position of offshore support vessels.
- Vessel experience in the Gulf of Mexico within the oil and gas industry is required.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Valid TWIC card.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.