Job Description This is an exciting career opportunity for tax professionals who want to apply their skills in a highly complex and international business environmentWhat's the role?
You'll provide effective Dutch corporate tax advice to the various Shell businesses in the Netherlands and other countries. Your advice should help us meeting legal requirements, reducing exposures and contributing to Shell's strategy to be a World Class investment case, thriving through the energy transition and maintaining a strong societal license to operate.
Your role includes:
- providing concise tax advice to Shell stakeholders on business opportunities
- together with the rest of the NL tax team contributing to and maintaining the transparent relationship with the Dutch Tax Authorities
- working closely with the tax Filing and Reporting team on the tax consequences of transactions in line with local and international accounting standards
- providing input to (international) legislative developments and consultations
- identify and deliver opportunities to optimize our ways of working
- raise awareness and share knowledge on relevant NL tax developments
Shell in the Netherlands is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career.Requirements What we need from you
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player with
An innovative place to work
- strong up to date knowledge of NL and international tax regulations and developments
- 6+ years of experience in international tax and potentially a few years in-house at a multinational
- experience working with Dutch and international accounting standards and tax accounting
- effective communication and stakeholder management skills
- comfort working in a rapidly changing environment and ambiguous or pressured situations
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. We are helping to solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
A rewarding place to work
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Disclaimer
Please note we occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.