Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
What's the role?
Provides administrative support to the Houston Lubricants Plant, specifically supporting the Plant Manager and Leadership Team, as well as managing HSSE compliance records and tasks, and Quality processes and improvement activities.
- Support the Plant Manager with administrative tasks including expense management, calendar management, and travel arrangements.
- Preparation and distribution of communications to the site on behalf of the Plant Manager.
- Provide badge access to the plant and smart card onboarding support, which includes facilitating external visitors (on-site accommodations, greeting and escorting, PPE, etc) and maintaining the visitor log.
- Coordinate meeting rooms and logistics for on-site meetings and site events.
- Assists in the annual coordination of Shell Safety Day and other special events (e.g., recognition events, VP visits, etc).
- Coordinates community outreach activites.
- Preserve quality records to maintain IATF certification.
- Responsible for trend analysis and compliance charting of LPA Audits.
- Management of Fountain Incident Management (FIM) data.
- Maintain HSSE file plan and documents, including SharePoint and document retention (e.g., Hurricane Plan, Spill Plan, etc)
- Coordinate reporting of actions from In Control and FIM.
- Maintain the required HSSE training records and reporting in Shell's Online Training System (SOU).
- Maintain electronic signage board and other signs and communication boards.
- Focal point for supplies for the office and copier maintenance and supplies.
- Focal point for Joiner, Mover, Leaver process for the site.
- Responsible for backfilling Accounts Payable and Payroll Coordinator roles when necessary.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum of Associate Degree or equivalent preferred. Years of experience will be considered towards educational equivalent.
- 3+ years of related administrative experience.
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, energetic, and self-starting.
- Must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, honesty and integrity.
- Applicant must be able to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, with plant personnel at all levels.
- SAP experience strongly is preferred.
- ISO or IATF Knowledge is preferred.
- FIM experience is preferred.
- SharePoint Experience is preferred.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video