Job Description What's the role?
The Retail Procurement Manager - Hong Kong is responsible for leading procurement activities that will support the initiatives for Marketing categories i.e. Non-Fuel Retailing (NFR)/Convenience Retail (CR), Commercial Fleet, Payment & Loyalty, Brand & Communications, Network categories i.e. Design & Construction, Site Maintenance, Site Equipment, Retail Automation, Retail Real Estate and Soil & Groundwater. This role will be accountable to the Retail Hong Kong in-country non-hydrocarbon third party spends and targeted savings. Build solid relationships and manage key stakeholders interface at country level to ensure effective sourcing and procurement execution support and provide strong commercial influence in the procurement requirement, esp 404020. This role will also ensure effective, focused & efficient delivery of Procurement Category Strategies and Contract Management across the Retail Business for Hong Kong (in the Network & Marketing categories). You will provide strong commercial influence in the procurement of all goods and services for Retail Network & Marketing Hong Kong. Serve as the country C&P focal point for Retail business. Also, you will provide country input to the Global Category Strategies and support effective & efficient implementation and operationalization of Global Category Strategies/Agreements for Retail in the country.
The key accountabilities of this role are:
- Support the Lead Procurement Manager, Category Managers, Contract Managers in developing and executing the category & procurement strategies within the country based on Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP).
- Maintain sound understanding of the local supply markets in the country, the cost drivers, revenue generation and the major suppliers in all categories.
- Assist Lead Procurement Manager, Contract Managers and Category Managers in leading the implementation, establishing and maintaining the supplier relationship for key contracts, i.e. EPCM Contract, FMC Contract, GESS contract, Retail Real Estate contract, Marketing Agencies (ATL, BTL, PR, Media Buy, Fulfillment, Logistics, Market Research & etc) Convenience Retailing, Loyalty and Payment (Credit Cards and other payment cards), Commercial Fleet and other engineering & marketing initiatives/SP&A spend at local level in the country and lead execution of contract management plans using category management tools to keep track of performance.
- Regularly and proactively engage the Retail CMT team, esp CO and CH, to understand country plans and requirements and ensure compliance with established procurement & category strategies, policies and procedures and as biz interface for the country on a day-to-day basis with the regional & local to ensure the needs are met.
- Support the Retail business in the country with the intent of improving/sustaining operational excellence, data management, standardization and ensure that all CP activities are fully compliant with CMCP.
- Manage local supplier relationships and negotiations including resolution of operational and supplier performance issues relating to the contracts. Owns the relationship with local suppliers including contract management and performance reporting.
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders (Shell Downstream businesses) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging Business Demand &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Provide the Global Category Managers, Category Managers, Contract Managers and Lead Procurement Manager with information and support required to develop the Network & Marketing Category Strategies and ensure its seamless implementation with stakeholders support.
- Reports & Tracks Enterprise Value Contributions, Bottom Line Savings & Revenue Generation. Ensure that the maximum benefit is derived from the strategic procurement of COB spend.
- Provide Holistic Strategic Review on Spend, Cost, Revenue & Value Opportunity Analysis to proactively integrate the potential value/revenue/cost reduction opportunities into T&R planning.
- Ensure application of the E2E CMCP process, using commercial judgement, common sense and a simplification mindset, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, E&C, Code of Conduct, Law, CARM, IRM, Data Privacy) and CP operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus.
- Lead or work with Procurement Managers & Retail Business in implementing continuous improvement initiatives, cost reduction initiatives (incld cross CoBs/region synergy) and local business projects
- Build effective working relationships with others and makes a constructive contribution within the immediate team.
As one of the world's leading energy companies, Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world's growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. Shell is committed to high standards of health, safety and environmental performance; to upholding honesty, integrity and respect for people in every aspect of our operation; and to the equal treatment and development of staff. Shell has been active in Hong Kong for a century. Our business activities in Hong Kong include Retail, LPG, Commercial Fuel, Lubricants, Bitumen, Aviation and Marine. For more information, please visit: http://www.shell.com.hkRequirements What we need from you
- Proven leadership skills, high integrity and ability to drive change.
- Strong procurement experience i.e. strategy development & execution, negotiations, contract & supplier performance management.
- Proven track record of delivering results and strong customer focus.
- Familiar with Retail business, preferably with sound understanding of the Retail Network & Marketing business direction and strategy
- Strong business acumen. Proven track record of execution excellence and delivering result
- Good leadership with strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to influence people across all levels (ability to lead and influence sometimes disparate teams, ability to break down barriers)
- Proven experience in negotiations with third party vendors and/or customers (commercial experience including planning and executing negotiations).
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and virtually (self-starter, able to work under their own initiative and problem solve)
- Highly driven and a Team player
- MCIPS(Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) Qualification would be preferred but not mandatory
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.