- Rig site supervision of rig or vessel based well operations including HSEQ, operational performance and logistics
Accountabilities and End Results:
- Implement safety and environmentally sound operations, thereby ensuring safety of personnel, well integrity (ie well control and/or hydrocarbon containment), and environmental protection
- Deliver top quartile operational performance through efficient well operations and logistics support - deliver wells on schedule and on budget
- Ensure regulatory compliance and corporate standard conformance in all well operations through adherence to approved operational programmes
Primary Functions & Dimensions:
- Ensure adherence to client core values and policies
- Lead incident investigations
- Develop realistic time estimates which reflect an appropriate level of contingency.
- Review operational programmes, ensuring planned operations are implemented within the time schedule and budget.
- Develop and effectively implement operational procedures, including contingency and emergency procedures (well control, oil spill response etc)
- Undertake timely and appropriate risk analyses
- Ensure that change is managed and implemented appropriately
- Develop safety conscious and effective drilling and service contractors.
- Provide direct supervision during all phases of well operations.
- Ensure that key learnings are fed back for continuous improvement
- Identify and implement new techniques and technology to improve operations efficiency.
- Coordinate simultaneous operations.
- Verify that drilling rigs and equipment are fit for purpose, and crews competent (through observation, audit, inspection etc)
- Ensure the safety and accuracy of rig moves and positioning
- Monitor operational performance (HSEQ, time, cost, performance benchmarking etc)
Core Technical Experience:
- Management and leadership abilities
- Industry experience in Well Operations
- Technical and organizational skills
- Knowledge of client local standards, global standards and processes and industry standards
- Educated to Degree level in Engineering, and/or equivalent in relevant industry experience