Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Security Advisor - Executive Protection and Special Projects, supports the Global Executive and Employee Protection Program and travels with the Chairman and other Executives as directed (international and domestic travel from 30 - 40% of the time). The Security Advisor also develops and supports security plans related to identified special projects and other high-profile events conducted locally and across the enterprise.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Conducts advances and provides protective services in support of the Executive Protection Program, to ensure the effective execution of residential, work, and travel security programs
- Provides travel safety and security briefings to flight crews traveling abroad; Conducts airport security assessments at new destinations
- Handles special projects designated by the Manager - Executive Protection and Special Projects, such as Annual Stockholder Meetings, International Board Meetings, World Petroleum Congress (WPC), and other high profile conferences or venues attracting high security exposure
- Conducts threat & vulnerability assessments on domestic travel itineraries for senior executives; Provides risk assessments, develops contingency plans, and makes recommendations to mitigate vulnerability; conducts travel advances as appropriate and at the direction of their Supervisor, to ensure safety and security of traveling executives
- Maintains and develops working relationships with Business Unit (BU) management, senior industry peers, government agencies, and with federal, state and local law enforcement agencies
- Provides travel safety and security advice and counsel to U.S. based employees traveling abroad
- Works with the Executive Chauffeurs to ensure coordination and facilitation of executive travel to and from locally covered events. Will also be called upon to conduct transportation security advances and also conduct executive driving services on a case by case basis.
- Works with the Manager - Executive Protection and Special Projects on the oversight and direction to third-party service providers in the performance of electronic countermeasure sweeps of executive office space, executive residences, vehicles, and as appropriate for certain event venue
- Travels globally, as directed by the Chief Security Officer to provide Executive Protection and to respond to emergencies or provide support to management or Business Units.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience (law enforcement; military; private sector) with a depth and breadth of experience in domestic and international executive / dignitary protection, including risk analysis and advance planning.
- International security-related professional experience is essential.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively and concisely both verbally and in writing. Must be comfortable interacting with senior level executives, board members and government representatives.
- Excellent planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to work within a team as well as individually.
- Candidates must be self-directed, demonstrate initiative, be able to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines, and work with minimal guidance.
- Candidate must hold a passport and be able to travel internationally (approximately 30-40%).
- Candidate must be eligible to apply for, and successfully complete a federal background check and training to become an Armed Security Officer through the Transportation Security Administration. Complete details can be found at the following link: Armed Security Officer Program.
- Master's Degree
- Foreign language skills are highly desirable.
- Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.