Skills: Chemist, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Ningbo, Zhejiang, China
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
• Develop and implement Analytical test methods, train laboratory technicians on new test methods and changes to existing test methods.
• Responsible and co-ordinate with the shift team on taking part in the ASTM Proficiency program
• Administer the Inter-laboratory Crosscheck programs for the Additives, Lubricating oils.
• Implement and practice the Statistical Process Control (SPC) tools in the laboratory
• Responsible for Lab OPEX & CAPEX, keep the expense below the allocated budget.
• Keep the laboratory purchase expenses below the allocated budget.
• Maximize the availability of laboratory equipment for analysis and improve lab's reliability.
• Do the Schedule calibration and preventive maintenance programs, arrange internal and external agencies to perform.
• Take part in the Plant commissioning and start-up, including the procedure and testing plan
• Responsible for all laboratory work requested as part of a customer complaint or question.
• Participate in customer visits, audits, and inquiries. Answer questions, present data to customers.
• Provide laboratory support to Sales & Marketing team, manage customer sampling process to support sales initiatives and products testing.
• Work with purchasing and vendors to establish service contracts for instruments and laboratory supply contracts.
• Work with instrument vendor engineers to trouble-shoot, repair and improve the reliability of the laboratory instruments.
• Responsible for maintaining regular inventory of blend packages to meet customers' sampling requirements and work with nominated freight forwarder to ship the requested samples to customers in a timely manner
• Responsible for plant ISO accreditation
• Co-ordinate with Plant IT department to sort-out problem with instrument PCs and LAN network.
• Handling quality issues in SAP by working with Supply chain and Operation Planning.
• Do site-preparation and installation of new analytical instruments.
• Generate precision data on new instruments for getting Technology team's qualification approval.
• Support Technology team's in testing and collecting test result data for new CRS samples under development.
• Support other Labs in sharing/helping the expertise/ best practice of various analytical equipment and test methods.
• Monitor & Improve accuracy and precision of analytical test results.
• Develop SMC for monitoring analytical variation in the test method.
• Support in the round robin tests with other Labs and Technology team's on improving the accuracy of analytical measurements.
• Run special tests for the Non-routine and special samples from the plant under Technical Lead supervision.
• Perform special tests to trouble shoot process plants and new raw material suppliers
• Support Process Engineers with the analysis of non-routine samples and in the troubleshooting of process plants issues.
• Provides backup support for Technical Lead.
• Play an active role in the Laboratory's continuous improvement using Lean Sigma methodology.
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry from a recognized University with more than 5 years of experience in analytical testing of an Oil/ Petroleum/ Petrochemical or Lubricant Additives Manufacturing facility.
• Strong knowledge in Analytical Chemistry with operating knowledge of laboratory instruments such as ICP, FTIR, CHN Analyzers, Auto-titrators, Foaming tests, Viscometer, etc.
• A Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Petroleum Testing Methods and familiar in ASTM, IP and APHA Test methods
• Strong knowledge in ISO accreditation, rich experience for organizing the team and get certification
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work in a cross-functional environment
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.