Skills: Process Control, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Blending Operatorlocated in Louisville Lubricants Plant, Kentuckythrough January 24th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Ensures all work performed adheres to Chevron's Operational Excellent (OE) standards and regulatory and code requirements.
- Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety (HES) processes by:
- Accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies.
- Carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner.
- Following safe operating practices.
- Maintaining a safe working environment.
- Participating in Loss Prevention System.
- Being prepared to respond to an environmental or safety event.
- High School Education or Equivalent.
- 3 years of experience in lubricants, oil and gas or related petrochemical or process industries. Lubricants Operator experience, or 3 years of other petroleum or chemical operator experience or Military Experience working with lubricants and fuels.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work on-call shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Not allergic to additives, diesel fuels, or lubricating oils.
- Participates in random drug testing program.
- Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination, to be able to meet all physical requirements of the job including items such as climbing on top of product storage tanks, maneuver under a railcar for inspections, and lift 50 - 75 pounds.
- Able to use and understand computers - familiar with the use of MS Word, Excel, and e-mail.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Possess a TWIC card or be eligible to obtain a TWIC card.
- Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks and manage time effectively, with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
- Ability to work outside in hot or cold environments.
- Attentive to safety and accountable for own actions and results.
- Good working knowledge of plant operations. This includes finished lubricants blending systems, basic pipe, valve, and tank knowledge as well as tank trucks and loading rack equipment.
- Good understanding of manufacturing facilities.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Self-starter and flexible.
- Adapts easily to change.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Works as a team member.
- Demonstrating tact, initiative, and self- motivation.
- Able to analyze and survey data to draw valid conclusions, identify root causes and solve problems.
- Good mathematics and reasoning skills is a necessity
- Seeks continuous improvement.
- Innovative and creative.
- Background in SAP, Yokogawa and automated instrumentation.
- Relocation will not be considered.
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.