Skills: Ships Mate / Officer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position through January 19th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time)
Applicants must hold a current United States Coast Guard License (Motor vessels of any horsepower), Merchant Mariner Credential, VPDSD Endorsement or VSO, valid USCG Medical Certificate, valid Passport, and Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
The general guideline for vessel assignment length is 75 days for licensed officers.Vacation will accrue at 30 days for each 30 days of work.
Pre-employment screening consists of:
Physical and Functional Capacity Evaluation/examination DOT urine drug test and non-DOT hair screen drug test Background check
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Performs navigation and collision avoidance duties as Officer on Watch. Keeps captain advised of ETA's/Traffic/Weather.
- Acts as PIC (Person in Charge) of cargo watch.
- Directs unlicensed deck personnel during watch standing, mooring and related cargo activities (connecting, tank cleaning, sampling, ballasting) and storing.
- Performs deck maintenance work as directed by Chief Mate. Manages ordering and inventory of safety gear through the Chief Mate.
- Performs any other marine related duties as required by STCW, ISM and ISPS conventions and Chevron operational procedures to ensure the safety of the vessel, its crew and cargo.
- Attends all required classes required by STCW, ISM, ISPS and Chevron to maintain valid certificates of competency.
- Participates in and furthers company programs such as Behavior Based Safety, near miss reporting and Job Safety Analysis.
- Merchant Mariners Credential
- USCG Third Mate Unlimited
- Advanced Firefighting Certificate
- Basic Safety Training
- VPDSD Endorsement or VSO
- GMDSS certificate
- Unlimited Radar endorsement / ARPA
- PIC-DL Endorsement (Advanced Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operation)
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification credential (TWIC)
- Previous sea time experience on product carriers.
- Relocationwill not beconsidered.
- Expatriate assignmentswill not beconsidered.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.