Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati City, Philippines
Chevron Holdings Inc. provides an avenue to students with diverse academic background to apply their academic learnings and improve their education experience through exposure to practical work.
These are opportunities for the students to complement their strengths to the requirements of the company. The program will help the interns build the right work behavior, professionalism and promote a culture of teamwork.
If you are currently enrolled in a relevant program and have genuine interest to pursue a career in Procurement / Supply Chain Management / Source to Pay, you have demonstrated good moral conduct with effective written and verbal communication skills, you have displayed planning and organizational skills, proactiveness and strong collaboration - you are exactly what we are looking for!
The position provides various supply chain back-office operational support for Chevron companies in North America, Asia, Australia, Middle East, Africa and Europe and in all streams.
- Core responsibilities include monitoring deliveries after an order is placed. Through the process, all open purchase orders are monitored. This process aims to minimize, if not, eliminate late deliveries and improve on-time delivery.
- Support the teamon a variety of projects focusing on process standardization and validation, creating process flow charts via Visio, managing SOX controls, onboarding/offboarding guide etc.
- Assist in coordinating Chevron's contract support activities in compliance with Chevron policies and procedures; from sourcing activities to end-to-end contract enablement
- Provide support in processing activities in the system to update user profiles, data updates and do supplier engagement and training.
- College/university students graduating in 2020/2021who are required to render at least 480 hours of internship as part of the school curriculum
- Students with proof of good moral conduct and/or endorsement from college/university
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Displayed planning and organization skills
- Proactive and collaborative
- Has genuine interest in pursuing a career in Procurement/Supply Chain
- Students pursuing a degree in Supply Chain Management,Business, Accountancy orEngineering-related course
- Demonstrated leadership skills and achievements in co-curricular activities
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidates will work in Philippines under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.