Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment, IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Makati City, Philippines
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Leads the operations of the Data Management processing by ensuring that defined metrics are established and are met and resources are properly allocated during normal operations and peak seasons.
- Partners with various customers and stakeholders across the organization to ensure alignment on the delivery of services, service level agreement, and escalation process.
- Safeguards the global processes by ensuring consistent execution of business procedures, application of identified local country or regional nuances, and implementation of controls to prevent gaps in the processes.
- Develops key strategies on operational priorities, implementation of key initiatives, and execution of regional and global projects involving multiple technologies across numerous organization.
- Manages staffing, training, development, and performance of team members through mentoring, developmental planning and performance feedback, performance and goal setting for competency improvement.
- Leads process efficiencies and automation initiatives by using data analytics to improve service quality and to optimize team performance.
- Implements business contingency strategies to avoid disruption in service delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Social Sciences or other relevant courses
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of work related experience,4 years in leadership/ supervisoryrole
- Industry experience in Shared Services/ BPO operations set up is preferred
- Experience in SAP HR, Workday, ServiceNow,or any HRIS background
- Demonstrated strong leadership experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, collaboration, influencing and customer engagement skills
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
- High skills in Business Analysis and Business Consulting
- Must have the propensity to work in a proactive, results-oriented, and customer-focused environment
- Displays flexibility and adaptability to changing business requirements
- Enjoys working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Open to work inshifting schedule
- Demonstrated ability to utilize basic analytics tools (e.g. Power BI, Query, etc.)
- Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters
- Selected candidate will work in Philippines under the local payroll system and benefits
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.