Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Monitor the quality of HR data via Spotfire dashboard and ensure continuous improvement
- Responsible for responding and resolving issues sent to the team mailbox, Remedy or ServiceNow work intake system
- Analyze and propose solutions to recurring data quality and/or Reporting issues, or assess business process discrepancies that cause these issues
- Address specific HR reporting needs, issues and challenges of Business Opco's and HR Functional teams to meet business objectives and drive strategic decisions, using the following reporting tools and systems: Workday, SAP R/3, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Break down technicalities or complexities of data anomalies or reporting issues and communicate this clearly to ensure customers understand systems, requirements and/or issues; proactively send notifications/updates to customers/users on known issues
- Conduct root cause analysis on common data anomalies and recommend solutions
- Tracks progress on customer issues and maintain status communication
- Recognize where process improvement opportunities could be implemented to address recurring issues and engage the team and key business partners and stakeholders to seek out potential solutions
- Create documentation related to improvements for global HR Reporting and Data quality processes
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Psychology, Information Technology or Business-related courses
- At least 2 years of work-related experience
- Knowledge of Organizational Management and Personnel Administration transactions is an advantage
- Hands-on knowledge of Human Resources SAP R3 and Business Intelligence is preferred
- Basic understanding of data integrity, reporting, system interfaces, data flow, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate across various levels in the organization
- Ability to identify, analyze and generate data from multiple data sources
- Has work initiative and can work independently and with little supervision
- Customer focused and excellent communication skills
- Data Analytics experience and knowledge of Spotfire or Power BI is a plus
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.