Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Makati City, Philippines
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides daily operational support for several applications by troubleshooting incidents to identify root causes and solutions
- Performs software development, unit testing and/or system configuration changes to resolve defects and develop new enhancements and projects, utilizing standard practices and techniques and implementing the required Digital Transformation technologies (Mobility, BI, API, etc.)
- Monitors interfaces/data loads, administers security, and monitors application performance
- Identifies areas for improvement through understanding of technical and business requirements
- Supports and/or drives technical upgrade projects and change initiatives
- Adheres to Incident and Change Management procedures to meet application SLAs and high system reliability
- Develops and maintains business and/or technical support documentation
- Maintains IP Compliance on systems and software as appropriate
- Plans, organizes and coordinates technical work activities with business users and other support organizations as applicable
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or any relevant course
- Solid background with at least 5 or more years experience in application support / software development utilizing the following technologies:
- Microsoft .NET framework 4.5: C#/VB.Net, ASP.Net, Visual Studio 2015
- Skilled and experienced with the ff. Server Infrastructure and Database technologies:
- Windows Server 2012 and above
- IIS 8 Web server administration
- MS SQL Server 2014+
- MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Additional preferred skillsets (specific skills for BI, Mobility, and API Development):
- MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Data Cubes, MDX Query
- Xamarin Mobile Apps Development
- Azure API
- Experience with the Agile Methodology and working with Scrum teams for Applications Development and Support
- Experience supporting internally-developed and/or vendor web applications, and able to analyze / understand existing source codes for the application
- Has the passion to adapt and learn new technologies quickly, through self-study, research, and training
- Demonstrates ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to independently troubleshoot issues and deliver on results
- Proven aptitude in translating business requirements to quality technical solutions
- Able to write effective documentation on processes, issue resolutions, knowledgebase and application functionality. Able to draft clear and concise emails communicating and explaining key concepts and solutions to business users
- Communicates effectively with management, peers, vendor counterparts and customers across disciplines and geographies to clearly articulate issues, impacts and advise on preferred solutions
- Proven ability to meet priorities and produce quality deliverables and results while handling multiple work items
- Demonstrates experience in developing and maintaining effective relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a diverse team environment
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.