Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Cloud Engineering and Compute team provides support for Azure services which includes but not limited to subscription and resource management, access management, change management, service management, automation, training and Cloud Program Initiatives.
- Provides day-to-day support to all tiger teams with regards to Azure configuration / setup
- Provides consultation to other BUs needing to test / explore Azure using the Sandbox environment
- Provides resources to core and migration tiger teams (Siberian, Maltese, Crane, SPP) to help with automation, configuration and design
- Provides day-to-day support / monitoring of the Azure infrastructure thru close collaboration and partnership with Microsoft and other support groups
The Cloud Engineering and Compute Team is made up of highly technical and experienced engineers with strong background and experience on network engineering/security, OS administration and security, enterprise monitoring, automation and cloud administration. Team practices agile methodologies in executing and completing their work to meet demands quickly and safely.
The teams are located on 3 geographic locations - San Ramon, Houston and Manila to support global operations and execute the "follow-the-sun" model for escalation and 24x7 operations.
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE:
The Cloud Engineering and Compute Team is responsible for the overall health, configuration and automation of the public cloud IaaS and major PaaS providers. The team will also get involved in cases of issues, when the application support group identifies a problem outside of their control and requires close collaboration with other operational groups. Each member of the team will over time have to learn all aspects required so that anyone can do any task that may arise. This is a hands-on IT infrastructure position in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Creation of delegable resource containers
- Assignment of required permissions
- Setup of shared resources
- Express Route and Direct Connect on the cloud side
- VNets and VPC
- Network Security Groups
- Network Routing
- Deployment guidance to other teams
- Recommend, evaluate, deploy and maintain cloud automation and orchestration technologies
- Monitoring vendor security portal information and helping consumers to correct any flagged items
- Monitor resource consumption and trigger necessary action
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation, up to the team to minimize call requirements by providing adequate triage information
- Overall administration, i.e. any task that cannot be delegated to a function specific team
- Active participation in a collaborative environment:
- By evaluating and making recommendations to operationalize new features \\ services
- Work closely with cloud engineers and Architects to advocate reliable and scalable system design for Supportability/Resilience and reliability
- Completed AZ-100 and AZ-101 training and certification.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, crisis management and problem-solving skills are essentials
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, teamwork and customer engagement skills
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.