Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading, IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is looking for highly motivated and results driven IT Application Engineers based in Manila, Philippines. Application Engineer have many responsibilities that includes driving business requirements gathering process, providing initial triage on the intake of requests, collaborating with business partners and cross-functional analysts to analyze impact and develop solutions, and coordinating efficient end to end test cycles to validate changes and minimize risk. This role translates business needs into actions through strong leadership, effective communication, data driven decision making, and by fostering team work across several functions.
More than learning business domain knowledge, this position develops leadership skills, agile framework (SAFe, Scrum and Kanban) experience, Scrum Master exposure, test automation involvement and learn how to work on a DevOps environment with virtual teams as we digitized business processes.
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE
- Business analysis and configurationofsystems and associated peripheral/feeder systems supporting the business
- Perform initial triage and impact analysis of incidents preventing business operations
- Gather business requirements and translate business needs into fit-for-purpose actionable plans based on clarity and rational decision criteria
- Support the functionalbusiness design, concepts and capabilities of the business system components and associated peripheral/feeder systems
- Collaborate with business partners and team members to assess impact, develop functional specifications, and test requirements
- Work with a group of offshore and onshore members to deliver critical changes, support critical IT Plans
- Work with outsourcing partners including both onshore and offshore team members, as well as business users and other IT teams
- Manage end to end test execution cycles to validate changes and minimize risk
- Experience in supporting "DevOps" Process (Agile/Scrum) and tools (ADO/JIRA/Jenkins) would be a plus
- Opportunities to perform the role as Scrum Master
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinating changes of different applications,backlog management and prioritization, co-ordinate deployments ofrelated projects.
- Work closely with the Business users in prioritizing critical change requests and drive the Release Process to successful completion by providing feedback and contribution towards release planning, prioritizing and delivery.
- Collaborate with business users and Project /Development team members to determine appropriate solutions for business needs.
- Assist with overall Change Management Process in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and project configuration/deployment co-ordination with DevOps Team.
- Collaborate with DevOps Team to Migrate and Support Applications into Cloud or data center based.
- Support deploy automation technology (RPA), custom applications,adhere to standard processes and procedures, and measure business metrics and performance goals.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in IT or related field
- Candidate must be a self-starter, curious about technology, able to multi-task, able to work independently, communicate well, and have a passion for solving complex business IT problems
- Basic understanding of web development, application architecture, databases and environments
- Strong communication (written/verbal) and facilitation skills with solid ability to convey business and technical information to a diverse audience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to engage difficulties with persistence
- Self-directed, flexible, working with minimal supervision, takes initiative, displays a high degree of ownership
- Must be willing to adjust working hours to meet with individuals in other global locations
- Experience/knowledge in Agile SAFe, Kanban and Scrum process.
- Experience/knowledge using Azure DevOps (ADO) and Remedy\\ServiceNow.
- Experience/knowledge in developing and documenting functional specifications.
- Experience/knowledge with testing methodology.
- Ability to constructively manage issues, conflicts and problems in a prompt, direct and objective manner.
- Ability to effectively deal with change and consistently maintain composure and logical thinking while under pressure.
- Organized and skilled at planning. Ability to work from a high-level to a low level of detail and handle multiple assignments with varying priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills especially in leading small projects with a cross-functional team
- Familiarity with information risk management requirements and processes
Relocation Options :
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.