Skills: Asset Management, IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Software Asset Management Analystlocated in Makati , NCR (Manila), Philippines through February 7, 2020at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION / SCOPE:
Software Asset Management is responsible in managing and optimizing the purchase, deployment, maintenance and management, utilization and disposal of software applications within Chevron. The team is also responsible to the following but not limited to:
- Effectively manage, control and protect Chevron software assets
- Reduce software and support costs by helping procurement for contract negotiations and eliminating or allocation underutilized software licenses
- Improve worker productivity by deploying the right kind of software in Chevron
- Support Chevron digital transformation thru adapting the fast-changing licensing requirements - SaaS or subscription-based application
- Establish evergreen policies and procedures surrounding the acquisition, documentation, deployment, usage and retirement of software in the enterprise
The Software Asset Management Analyst is responsible for all software applications related to both GIL Type Managed and Subscribed applications for desktops and servers. He/she is also responsible for completing and analyzing data for true ups and maintenance renewals. SAM Analyst also need to work with different infrastructure team (Cloud computing, P&RM, SPT, EUCD, EUSA) to provide inputs in the different tools, server and/or databases used as part of the licensing data sources.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Software (Inventory and rationalization) Management: Collect and maintain accurate Software Licensing information in repositories to address budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contracts, and cost. Approve installs and apply necessary controls, handling invoice and purchase reconciliation thru ARIBA, manage license inventory and achieve investment recovery by reallocating and redeploying unused software. Provide analysis of the software data that can be used to drive key business decisions. Respond to requests from Software Owners, end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management information. Stays informed of new and updated software license models and options for key vendor products
- Compliance/Risk Management: Work with IRSM, Legal, Compliance to interpret software agreements, determine use rights and address risk exposure, and provide key terms and conditions summaries. Ensure compliance by comparing current and future usage plans with those rights. Assist in resolving non-compliance issues. Ensure existing and planned future usage complies with the use rights. Collect media and proof of licenses to ensure compliance, research export/import compliance, ensure policy reinforcement, provide software analysis and reporting, participate in audit preparation and actual audit and provide security for licenses and media.
- Process Implementation: Develop and implement tools, processes and procedures to automate the collection, storage and reporting of key software data so that the products can be managed across the enterprise in an effective manner. Continuously assesses tool capabilities for software discover, inventory, and meter software use for key vendor products. Windows and Unix Engineering required and/or DBA experience in Oracle and/or SQL a plus. Document and execute SAM and evergreen processes including audit mitigation.
- Supplier Support: Work with Procurement to provide recommendations for contracts negotiation to ensure that the correct terms and conditions on software licenses especially for SaaS are captured and recorded for adherence, ensure proper discounting, renewal items problem resolution and maintenance. Track and ensure notice periods are met for changes and cancellations. Identify savings opportunities through software re-harvesting and license optimization
- Business Planning: Manage the software true up analysis and process for assigned suppliers, metrics reporting and analysis of changes in lifecycle of software and reporting. Stays informed of new and updated software license models and options for key vendor products. Actively assesses risk and cost take out opportunities and makes recommendations to Software Owners and Software Asset Management leadership to optimize the software asset portfolio.
- Communication: Provide information to business partners regarding policy, procedures, risk management and consequences as required. Facilitate the transition of the application manager and software license manager roles form one party to other; engaging the business to determine SLM needs
- Bachelor's Degree in information technology, management information system (MIS), computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving skills, including the ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information.
- Understand hardware technology and configurations including virtualization
- Understand the product use rights for publishers (e.g. IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, HP, EMC, Symantec, Adobe, etc.)
- Understand SQL, Oracle, Access, VBA for Excel Macros, or any other scripting languages to collect and manipulate data
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong cross-functional team leadership skills
- Ability to multitask
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.